CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mr light

14th June 2011, 04:29
This is most amazing and extraordinary forum, I've ever been in, or dared to contribute.
How does a supposedly intellectual, xword interested people, get into a gigantic slag each other off match?
Did you see that genius thread, or whatever? - serious green bile in the middle of the night.
Please keep on you terry & weird sallys, you make this an addiction - love to you all.
ps - I only found this forum, 'cos I enjoy the RT each week.
1 of 42  -   Report This Post

mr light

14th June 2011, 04:38
ps - always enjoy my walk into town, on a tuesday, after exercising the horses, (I'm paid per horse) - to relax with the RT x-word.
2 of 42  -   Report This Post

torvic

14th June 2011, 10:53
Managed to finish it quite quickly this week, but had some difficulty with 19d. I liked 1d, 3d and 20a.
3 of 42  -   Report This Post

navigator

14th June 2011, 16:15
No problems. I liked 12a and 17d. What a strange dedication for a book in 21d!
Best wishes to all.
Navigator.

4 of 42  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

14th June 2011, 22:12
Good evening all,

I'm pleased to say that I found this relatively easy and I don't think that any of the regular contributors to this thread are going to get into difficulties.

Navigator, I thought that 21d was quite clever but I'm probably saying that because I saw the answer straight away...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
5 of 42  -   Report This Post

sallyw

14th June 2011, 22:14
Welcome Mr Light, glad you enjoy the banter!
6 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th June 2011, 22:58
Welcome on board, Mr Light. I think you will find the RT thread to be a little more restrained than some others which appear on the forum. We tend to be polite to each other. Anyway, glad you are here and hope you will feel free to contribute on a regular basis.

Last to yield this time were 20 across and from there 17 down. Being tee total, anything to do with alcohol gives me a bit of a problem, but all in all, not the worst.

We don't seem to have heard from my fellow catperson, Charlies Human of late. I hope she is ok.

Also, good wishes to Old Gal at this time.

P
7 of 42  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th June 2011, 23:09
Mr Light,
you must have been lurking for a while,terry(on holiday,i think)had nought to do with the Genius thread but you knew his name.

Pipesmoker is one of the most delightful characters on this(or probably any)site.

Why don't you both have a crack at CLUELESS 12?
8 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th June 2011, 23:34
Thank you for these kind words, Trevor. I will commit them to memory and quote them to Mrs P next time she is describing me.

Mr Light, I should point out that Trevor is one of the most giving contributors to this forum. I have never seen him asking for an answer, but always willing to come to the aid of those of us who are less gifted.

P.
9 of 42  -   Report This Post

wee jock

14th June 2011, 23:59
Howdy Folks

Welcome to Mr LIGHT and geetings to all.
Special love and best wishes to OLD GAL and keep hanging on in there.

I finished RT25 this afternoon finding it fairly straightforward except, except,except
for 18ac for which I have an answer but I cant quite follow the compiler's reasoning.
I dont want any help but I just wonder if others had the same problem.

NUFF SAID
TEN TIMES TO KAREN
WJ
10 of 42  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT no 25