CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

keith

13th June 2011, 10:56
Does anyone have a clue about the middle bit. I have ?he,?brine,?lt? Which I am struggling with.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

jodo

13th June 2011, 11:16
I am struggling too, Keith. Not for the first time do I find it annoying, having done the hard bit of solving the clues, only to find that I am not quite on the wavelength of the setter for the final, thematic, part. I agree with your letters and can only think that we need to find "something" within "something" but that is not consistent with the indication that it is three words of 3, 6 and 4.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

serpentinew

13th June 2011, 11:18
The non-clued items all have something in common and these comprise XXX XXXXXX XXXX. The opposite of what I regard this part of the puzzle to be - don't think straight lines either!
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

jodo

13th June 2011, 11:31
Got it now, thanks Serpentinew. I was thinking it was straightforward but it is more like your name. Never a dull moment with this puzzle.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

keith

13th June 2011, 13:37
My thanks to you both for your responses. Can you tell me if the last word is alto?
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

keith

13th June 2011, 13:40
scrub that last question. The penny has dropped, at long last.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post