CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

neilm

9th June 2011, 11:11
Troble with 6dn
Saint or angel (6)

?A?R?N
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

sallyw

9th June 2011, 11:13
Patron
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

9th June 2011, 11:13
patron?
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

neilm

9th June 2011, 11:22
Thanks for that. I had thought of the link (patron saint) but didn't immediately link with angel - to be honest I still don', but I am sure that you are quite correct.
This seems to be another of clues lately in the Times that I think are not up to standard.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th June 2011, 11:28
An "angel" is a rich person who supports things (e.g. a theatrical production), hence, patron (of the arts)
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

neilm

9th June 2011, 11:38
Theres me thinking they were those flappy things I get on christmas cards!
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

paul

9th June 2011, 12:55
"I had thought of the link (patron saint) but didn't immediately link with angel - to be honest I still don't". Your post!

Methinks Jolan was trying to be helpful. Was your reply a wee bit sarky? I'm new, so forgive me if I'm just misreading.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

neilm

9th June 2011, 14:18
Sorry if I sounded sarky. I honestly did not think of angels as patrons. I was only trying a bit of (misguided though it may have been) humour at my own expense.
I enjoy the site, but with the written word, interpretation often belies intent. I apologise if you read it in any way other than I intended. If you track back through my postings I have always been grateful for contributions and have tried to contribute in my own way for others. If I have missed the mark and have offended I will gracefully retire.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

hallgreener

9th June 2011, 14:56
1ac0. Eye a Christmas treat. (5,3)
----- ---
I'm not fully sure of any of the letters yet. Could somebody help?
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

chelle

9th June 2011, 14:59
Think of cockney rhyming slang...
10 of 11  -   Report This Post