CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

7th June 2011, 23:02
Hi Sudokulover Your warning re the JUMBO CRYPTIC is becoming meaningful. Though meaning is hard to come by in the clues. Its like wading thru treacle while looking for a needle in a hatstack. All the best. ( Have a dozen sucesses so far and am appreciating help from threads). Prob speak again soon
THEA
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th June 2011, 23:18
My mum...who is veteran Times Jumbo Cryptic Fanatic...has been moaning!

Must be bad...

p@
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th June 2011, 23:25
hello theambler - There are quite a few answers already given on here (with explanations luckily!) and on the answerbank.
It gets easier when you have quite a few filled in. I got 38a wrong when I submitted it on line - put hello instead of hUllo, so I'm kicking myself now!
Keep persevering & probably see you on here tomorrow!!
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

theambler

10th June 2011, 19:23
Hi Sudokulover Hi Pastille
Now three quarters through
Just bposted paul to say I think 27 dn is SPEECH. (Not Spence- a NY school!!??**)
How is 16ac DELILAH. Siren initially loud drew attention of returning cops (7) D?L?L??
Would like a little nudge for 8dn (3,4,3,4,5) or 41ac"I go quickly with boy ready to cross(8,4)
Nice day here
Good to see Fiona Bruce getting eaten alive for being such a pip
All The Best from the Far North THEA
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

theambler

10th June 2011, 20:11
Hi FINISHED BETTER HALF STEPPED IN WOW. Still dont know about DELILAH
All the BEST. Just shows that pushing hard with hot carrot causes donkey to move

Speak to you again soon. THEA
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

tommy

10th June 2011, 20:36
Delilah - initially loud (L) copped by returning hailed.41ac,lollipop lady.8dn,for whom the bell tolls.
This was a shocker,I`m still reeling.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post