CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mjp

4th June 2011, 06:28
Hallo,England!I suspect we "expats" are at a disadvantage this time:theme seems to be British comedians with Paul Foot,right?Could someone at least help with the destination of all 4 (I presume) names?Have half the normal solutions,but stumped for the moment!Thank you when you're awake!
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

mjp

4th June 2011, 07:05
To continue my habit of correcting myself while everyone continues to sleep:am on the right track now,nothing to do with comedians of course;notice the operative word "final" in explanation!Still a few to explain,though,e.g.13a roof rack?10a accolades?20d owlets?Still struggling with the rest...
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

ajt

4th June 2011, 07:23
Here in UK it's 7.22am, and some of us would prefer not to see the answers given so early in the morning - unasked, too
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

mjp

4th June 2011, 07:30
In the meantime just one left,namely 21 and 6 d:Piers Morgan's head gets turned by a lady's bottom in underwear.8 letters, S-I--A-S.Can only think of slipways,possibly a "y"(from lady) with M turned to W in slips??!!If so,very original,I must say!What do you think out there?
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

mjp

4th June 2011, 07:34
Sorry,AJT,but why don't you leave it till later then?I'm just an early bird,groping for the worm,and after all, only those who wish will look and possibly help,n'est-ce pas?
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

enid

4th June 2011, 11:45
roof rack
roo [short for kangaroo] Frack [frock with it's heart changed from o to a
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

ajt

4th June 2011, 11:53
For mjp. I've only just read your reply to my earlier gripe. I didn't look at this thread until I'd finished the xword, and would have given help, but not answers at that point.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post