The full quiz - The Wedding story - answers to clues are places in Northern Ireland (hint: some of the placenames are in 2 pieces in the sentence)
1. As the bride's mother, Elizabeth, put ___ on the fire, she thought of her daughter Anna's wedding the following day, and hoped it wouldn't _____.
2. While she prepared breakfast the next morning, _____ tried not to ________ the toast.
3. The bride and groom had received many gifts including some _______ crystal
4. some pieces of ________ china,
5. and lots of _______ _______ than they had ever expected.
6. Thankfully, the day was dry and the bride said "_ ____ I'm so happy".
7. After getting dressed ____ looked in the _____ mirror.
8. All that dieting had been worth it, as she was now nice _______.
9. _____ her bridesmaid said, She looked lovely
10. in her wedding dress, which was ____ silk. She wore a pearl tiara on her _____.
11. The church ___ rang as the wedding car drove slowly through town. The driver said he couldn't go ___ as there was a lot of traffic.
12. The happy couple knelt on a ____ during the service and the little flower girl carried a ___ instead of flowers.
13. the bride and groom exchanged ____ at the ___ of the wedding vows.
14. During the signing of the register, a cousin of the brides sang the ____ air
15 but it was almost drowned out by a noisy child climbing over pews at the back.We heard his mother say crossly, "Get ______ ____".
16. As they left the church, the groom whose name was ____ held the bride's ____.
17. All the guests had a drink of ____ on arrival, as there was no need to ____. There was still plenty of time before the meal would be served.
18.The ____ face had a very happy look on it, as he drank his ____.
19. Everyone said they'd had the best ____ in ____ catering, as the meal was super.
20. The band played the first waltz and the bride and groom danced to the slow ____ of the music.
21. There were some lovely outfits. One lady who was an aunt to ___ wore a _____ blue linen trouser suit.
22. The bride's going away outfit was mint ___ and she looked lovely hurrying to catch the plane to an ____ in Greece for their honeymoon.
23. We were all sad to see them go. The bride's father had a face like a _____ spade!
24. The whole wedding had been ____ in style and the letters of thanks were sent to everyone who had ____ presents.