CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

arlene

23rd June 2009, 19:05
Quiz is called the Wedding Story and the blanks are places in Northern Ireland. eg
8. All that dieting had been worth it, as she was now nice ANTRIM....
so here goes, even though the quiz closed today 23rd, I am still curious about what I missed out on, help appreciated, thanks.
9. __________ her bridesmaid said, She looked lovely in her wedding dress.
23. We were alad to see them go. The bride's father had a face like a ___________ spade.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

des

23rd June 2009, 19:23
dads face \\\\\Lurgan
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

arlene

23rd June 2009, 20:40
Thank you for that, never knew the saying "a face as long as a Lurgan spade", so I enjoyed it very much. Down to 1 now, so the wedding story so far from clue 3 is
"thankfully the day was dry and the bride said "OMAGH, I am so happy". All that dieting had been worth it, as he was now nice ANTRIM.
_______ her bridesmaid said, She looked lovely in her wedding dress........
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

the joker

23rd June 2009, 22:42
BANGOR!!
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

arlene

23rd June 2009, 22:50
Well done, you made my day finish with a great giggle!! Nothing like Norn Iron wit, but just don't think it's what the quiz setter would be expecting, though some similar thoughts might have crossed my mind too. Considering it's a Church fundraiser, might be just a bit risque.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

the joker

23rd June 2009, 23:10
Arlene
Sorry couldn\'t resist it and I am glad no offence taken.
Joker
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

the joker

24th June 2009, 11:59
Hi Arlene
Haven't got the full story but could the bride's name be MOIRA?
At least more PC than my previous suggestion!
Joker
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

arlene

28th June 2009, 18:30
The full quiz - The Wedding story - answers to clues are places in Northern Ireland (hint: some of the placenames are in 2 pieces in the sentence)
1. As the bride's mother, Elizabeth, put ___ on the fire, she thought of her daughter Anna's wedding the following day, and hoped it wouldn't _____.
2. While she prepared breakfast the next morning, _____ tried not to ________ the toast.
3. The bride and groom had received many gifts including some _______ crystal
4. some pieces of ________ china,
5. and lots of _______ _______ than they had ever expected.
6. Thankfully, the day was dry and the bride said "_ ____ I'm so happy".
7. After getting dressed ____ looked in the _____ mirror.
8. All that dieting had been worth it, as she was now nice _______.
9. _____ her bridesmaid said, She looked lovely
10. in her wedding dress, which was ____ silk. She wore a pearl tiara on her _____.
11. The church ___ rang as the wedding car drove slowly through town. The driver said he couldn't go ___ as there was a lot of traffic.
12. The happy couple knelt on a ____ during the service and the little flower girl carried a ___ instead of flowers.
13. the bride and groom exchanged ____ at the ___ of the wedding vows.
14. During the signing of the register, a cousin of the brides sang the ____ air
15 but it was almost drowned out by a noisy child climbing over pews at the back.We heard his mother say crossly, "Get ______ ____".
16. As they left the church, the groom whose name was ____ held the bride's ____.
17. All the guests had a drink of ____ on arrival, as there was no need to ____. There was still plenty of time before the meal would be served.
18.The ____ face had a very happy look on it, as he drank his ____.
19. Everyone said they'd had the best ____ in ____ catering, as the meal was super.
20. The band played the first waltz and the bride and groom danced to the slow ____ of the music.
21. There were some lovely outfits. One lady who was an aunt to ___ wore a _____ blue linen trouser suit.
22. The bride's going away outfit was mint ___ and she looked lovely hurrying to catch the plane to an ____ in Greece for their honeymoon.
23. We were all sad to see them go. The bride's father had a face like a _____ spade!
24. The whole wedding had been ____ in style and the letters of thanks were sent to everyone who had ____ presents.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th July 2009, 23:56
Hi Arlene
I was looking through some old postings when I came across this one of yours which,for some strange reason,appears to have been largely ignored.
Apart from Des and myself(unacceptable answer)I feel that this is not normal practice for the contributors of this site.
Come on lads and lassies lets see what help you can give here.
Joker
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th July 2009, 00:06
Hi Joker.
I assumed Arlene posted this in response to your post (same thread;24th June 2009, 11:59) where you said "Haven't got the full story but..."

I hope i was correct.

10 of 17  -   Report This Post