CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tig

28th May 2011, 21:49
Is there a way of searching the forum for help on a specific crossword without haveing to go through the pages individually?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

barrycat

28th May 2011, 21:57
Start a new thread and watch for answers coming through.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

tig

28th May 2011, 22:15
yes but don't like to repeat questions if I can see already asked.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

dan b

29th May 2011, 00:31
It is straightforward. Name your xword, then put the clue with as many letters as you know, and within a matter of minutes you should have an answer.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

tig

29th May 2011, 02:06
With thew greatest respect to both people who have been kind enough to respond. I think you have missed the point of my question. - do not want to know how ti post a question, I can do that. I wanted to know how I could find an existing thread that already exists without having to go through all the pages in the index. (He crossword I like but need help or hints with is the guardian genius which lats a month. Sometimes it is enough to see the existing thread and I do not need to post a query but finding the thread can be a real pain as I could hasve to go through up to a months worth of pages in the index to find it.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

paul

29th May 2011, 02:15
Hi Tig - I get your frustration! One small timesaver might be to press control+F (ie find) on your keyboard and choose the topic eg 927 for times 927 this will highlight any relevant thread on that page. Only an analgesic, unfortunatly not a cure,
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

tig

29th May 2011, 02:20
Yes works on a page by page basis. Was just hoping someone knew something I did not. I usually resort to google in the hope it locates the page but unfortunately not always effctive. Thanks
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

mistley

29th May 2011, 02:25
The answer to your original question is "No"
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

paul

29th May 2011, 02:31
....If you can ask the person (Ashley?) who runs the site for access to the back end of the database it should be an easy operation
to find the thread! Just a thought.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post