CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dougglos

23rd June 2009, 19:12
Thanks Jim C - George Galloway fits the bill perfectly. Eddie (the Eagle) Edwards is already one of our answers, and they don't tend to have repeats. Re the goalkeeper one, I think you could be right about "sloppy clue-setting" so I will endeavour to get that checked. In the meantime, many thanks to all for your efforts.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

annie

30th June 2009, 19:38
ref Mr Edwards Identical Initials Try out the sex pistols manager They didn't like the National anthem And he isn't a member of the group
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

karl

1st July 2009, 12:06
The Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren was born Malcolm Edwards. Hope this helps.
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

dougglos

1st July 2009, 23:18
Thanks to Karl and Annie re Malcolm McLaren!

Last one now - and an amendment to the original question, after I queried it with the compiler.

Apparently the two goalkeepers with identical names,and born within three years of each other are NOT both English!

I have been looking at Scots, Welsh and Irish 'keepers, but so far no luck!!

Thanks.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimc

2nd July 2009, 00:06
Hi Dougglos.

The goalkeepers may share the name Phil Parkes (born 1947 & 1950) who played for Wolverhampton Wanderers and QPR.

JimC
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

dougglos

2nd July 2009, 01:18
Thanks very much, JimC - That looks very much like the £1 million prize could now be ours!! (Actually £ 5 between about seven of us!!)

Best regards.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post