CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

siamcat

27th May 2011, 13:59
.... and for which crosswords were you giving help ?????

1 of 117  -   Report This Post

sallyw

27th May 2011, 15:53
Good call siamcat, unless wetblanket is a pseudonym for one of the other regulars! Somehow I think not.
2 of 117  -   Report This Post

ajt

27th May 2011, 16:03
May I add, then, as "one of the regulars", and at risk of being thought a grouch, I am in accord with wetblanket. I have often felt lately that I wouldn't bother looking in any more, as this has become far more of a personal slanging match than a site for crossword enthusiasts.

I have noticed that quite a few of the regular names seem to be missing - maybe they feel the same.
3 of 117  -   Report This Post

sallyw

27th May 2011, 16:49
I agree aJT, but the pointis that wetblanket has posted the ame comment on numerous threads, but I do not recall them ever giving an answer, unlike yourself and many other regulars. There are a lot of posts that, while not being actually to do with crosswrods, are interesting and entertaining. There are a lot that are nothing to do with crosswords, neither interesting or entertaining, that are just designed to put people's backs up. If only they would cease. Anyway from now on i will only post if I think I can help with an answer.
4 of 117  -   Report This Post

jim

27th May 2011, 19:21
Wow Sallyw, don't you ever NEED help with an answer? Clever lady...
5 of 117  -   Report This Post

sallyw

27th May 2011, 19:24
Truthfully Jim I shall probably frequently post when I'm stuck! Didn't quite make my point, and also have done what I wasn't going to do! Ah well, my hypocrisy knows no bounds!
6 of 117  -   Report This Post

megan

27th May 2011, 19:47
Don't you ever get tired of typing the same words over and over again ?
7 of 117  -   Report This Post

sallyw

27th May 2011, 21:04
Copy and paste?
8 of 117  -   Report This Post

terry

27th May 2011, 22:13
But Wetblanket doesn't add his usual one liner to "slanging" matches. He adds it to any post not strictly about a particular crossword/clue. He truly is a wetblanket.

Some disagreements/rows are inevitable on a site like this. They degenerate into slanging matches because people can and do hide behind assumed names (if you see what I mean). Having said that, some people practically beg to be abused because of the utter nonsense they inflict on the rest of us.

The night-time loonies are relatively harmless. A few insults either way and they usually leave.

The banning system is totally useless. You're only banned if you don't know the (ridiculously easy) way to get around it.

This site is many things. But the one thing it is not is a straight forward answer to clues thing as implied on the thread guidelines. Several crosswords have what amounts to discussion clubs and if you want to join it has to be on their terms. So why should it be so bad,or wrong at all come to that, if other people sometimes drift away from crosswords and idly chat.

As someone else pointed out there are often moans (rightly or wrongly) about helping people to get the answers for prize quizzes. But nobody seems to mind helping people win (even bigger prizes) on crosswords. Where's the logic in that.

If you can't be a little live and let live in your approach then maybe this is the wrong site for you.

This rambling post isn't addressed to anybody in particular. It's just a reminder that in the real world things don't always work in a way that you (me as well) think they should.
9 of 117  -   Report This Post

val

27th May 2011, 22:14
wetblanket whover they are was not me
10 of 117  -   Report This Post