CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

torvic

24th May 2011, 13:18
Fairly average this week, although 3d may be difficult for some, it was for me.
The Wordfinder is 'supernanny'.
1 of 36  -   Report This Post

navigator

24th May 2011, 14:07
Hi Torvic.
I agree with you about 3d but I found many more clues than usual rather difficult to get to grips with. It took a long time to
get the answer to my last clue...9d.
2 of 36  -   Report This Post

karen

24th May 2011, 14:58
Afternoon everyone. I appologise for my absence over the last month or so. I was admitted to hospital about 5 weeks ago, but the main reason was that the computer broke down shortly afterwards,we think its ok now after being back and forth for repair! It seems to be working today,although I dont have much faith in it,so if I disappear its probably "crashed" again!
Hi Navigator, I agree with you re 9d. The actor is very well known in film as well as tv!
Hope you all had a very nice Easter with lots of chocs.
Best to all Karenx
3 of 36  -   Report This Post

navigator

24th May 2011, 16:09
Welcome back Karen. I hope that after the double hospitalisation of you and your
computer both will enjoy a long trouble-free
future.
With best wishes,
Navigator.

4 of 36  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

24th May 2011, 17:11
It's good to see you back, Karen, and I hope that you and your computer are making a good recovery. I apologise for my absence last week [I wouldn't have a got a signal where I was] and I agree with you, Torvic, that 3d is awful. In fact, as I've never heard of the expression, I've just been reading a definition of the same and it said that it's rarely used as a noun so the compiler thinks that, supposedly, it's a synonym for a hypocrite.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
5 of 36  -   Report This Post

chris4food

24th May 2011, 17:38
Hello All, struggling as usual and haven't, as yet got either 3d or 9d, but living in hope...
Sorry to hear about your double breadkdown, Karen and hope you're both well on the way to a complete recovery
Cheers
Chris
6 of 36  -   Report This Post

torvic

24th May 2011, 18:11
Hi all, I found 9d quickly, the first word is the christian name of Winston and the second word is an anagram of clearly (upset).
Anyone struggling with 3d can find the answer in Matthew 23:27.
7 of 36  -   Report This Post

chris4food

24th May 2011, 18:52
Thanks, Torvic, once I saw the first word of 3d I knew the answer - but I don't think I would ever have got it without that additional clue - cheers...
Chris
8 of 36  -   Report This Post

wee jock

25th May 2011, 12:23
Howdy Folks
Welcome back Karen.Missed you!
This is Old Gal's admission day so I hope she is coping well. I'm sure we all do.

Now all you whizz kids out there who have finished this weeks task, I must say 'Well Done' for I found it rather tricky and laborious in many ways. I had no trouble with the hypocrite at 3d but Idid struggle with the party at 18d and a few others like 6d and the long anagramatic(?) ones at 9d and 14a. I liked cudley 22a found 8a got me nowhere(joke?)!
Best of luck to all and LOTS QF LOVE to Old Gal.
MUST RUSH
NUFF SAID
WJ
9 of 36  -   Report This Post

old gal

25th May 2011, 16:41
Good afternoon everyone! Karen - I hope you have now recovered. I had no trouble with 3d - must be my methodist upbringing!. As you may have gathered my operation was postponed due to spreading of dread disease. Now hoping to zap it with radiography and chemo with an op later!!!! onwards and upwards..... actually did quite well with this week's puzzle and only have a handful of clues yet to solve. May seek further help later..... Regards to all!
10 of 36  -   Report This Post