CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ejay

23rd May 2011, 15:21
1 answer to get and this one's a Hea - dont know how many letters:

Change of direction here

1 of 12  -   Report This Post

def

23rd May 2011, 15:26
There is a Ness Head and each letter of NESS represents a direction but I'm sure there must be a better solution than that!
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

ejay

23rd May 2011, 15:39
Thanks for that answer - it's more than my brain could work out !! Will keep at it tho'
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

23rd May 2011, 15:42
If you Google "Headlands of Scotland" you get onto a Wiki site with 2 sub-categories "Landforms of Scotland" and "Scottish Coast". Must go out now. Good luck. Glad I'm not standing on a headland up here today !
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

the joker

23rd May 2011, 15:43
Don't think you would be standing for long Julie!
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

ejay

23rd May 2011, 16:51
Yea you're right Joker - I'm even further north and it's horrendous
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

ejay

23rd May 2011, 17:06
Hi, Julie, Aberdeen - have previously tried your suggested websites and can't come up with the answer - maybe I'm missing something here !!
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

23rd May 2011, 18:11
Hi ejay,
Twas just a suggestion before I rushed out -didn't have time to look at it myself - sorry you didn't find anything on that site. I will keep thinking and look through place names books - don't have the quiz so don't know how the setter's mind works.

Hi Joker,
Have decided to cancel my Ramblers trip to Cruden Bay/Bullers of Buchan tomorrow and stay away from "the edge" - just 5ft and "bijou" like Pastille. Don't even like The Bullers on a good day.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

mandala

23rd May 2011, 22:37
Could it be Southerness in Dumfries & Galloway?
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

24th May 2011, 07:53
Hi ejay
I notice that we are supposed to be looking for a Head for the answer to "Change of direction here". I see that the title of the quiz is "Scottish CAPES, heads, ness and points". My query is how many answers have you got with the word "cape" because according to my book (which may be wrong!) there is only 1 in Scotland - Cape Wrath from the norse word "varf" meaning "turning point" where the vikings turned course to go home. Just a thought ... check the Cape Wrath (Northern Lighthouse Board) web site and Wiki. Went round the coastal map last night looking at "heads" but nothing jumped out at me.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post