CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

michael dark

21st May 2011, 19:39
I need two fairly simple confirmation of answers to finish the Rainbow quiz. Can anyone oblige overnight. Clue 7 "Female friend who attends the birth will go about telling the news" (6) Answer GOSSIP or GOSSIB ?? Source Chambers Dictionary 10th Edition. Clue 60 " Work of the fast bowler--posthaste,as it were " (7,8) Answer EXPRESS or SPECIAL DELIVERY. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds !
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

trevor

21st May 2011, 19:58
are you Magic 1, Michael?
sorry - couldn't resist.
you can be Magic 1 whenever you want on this forum, not sure how AB handles this stuff.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic1

21st May 2011, 20:31
Trevor Yes you guessed right so much for confidentiality. I havve asked the Editor how that occurred? Fortunately I am not a serious user
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

trevor

21st May 2011, 20:44
never mind, sorry i can't help you with your requests.
No idea on the 1st and for the 2nd,both your answers seem right (it might work on a quantum level and both are right - until the setter decides).
good luck.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

sallyw

21st May 2011, 20:49
A female friend who attends a birth is called a doula, but that probably doesn't help.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic 1

21st May 2011, 22:43
Sally W Thanks for your reply of which I was not aware. However it was certainly more helpful than the other contributions.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

trevor

21st May 2011, 23:06
Hey - Magic!!
i was trying to help without making too much out of the fact that you were in the wrong forum,at least,not the forum that you seemed to think you were in.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic1

22nd May 2011, 12:35
Trevor Sorry for my comments made probably because I was disappointed with your answers to my questions. Have used both these sites for years but unfortunately anno domini sometimes creeps in, hence confusion. Hovever as it says above this is a CROSSWORD HELP FORUM. Perhaps I should try the other one !
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

siamcat

22nd May 2011, 14:15
Magic1

There have been numerous posts on this quiz over the last month or so, but can't remember if both these questions were among those asked. Think express delivery was the favoured answer but you will have to check back to be sure (if you can be bothered)

There is a huge thread starting 15th March, lots of secondary clues that will only make sense to those doing the quiz.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

magic1

22nd May 2011, 16:20
Siamcat. Thanks very much for your help. I have been through the website referred to with a fine toothcomb ! but I do not remember express. However it seems to me that that is the most likely of several straightforward answers. Thanks again.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post