CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tony

19th May 2011, 19:49
As your latest posting said re advanced crosswords-

''I don't accept that they are somehow superior or especially difficult. As far as I can see they are a bit like the Radio Times but you often need a Chambers to confirm that the fairly obvious answer actually means something. Frankly, it strikes me as absurd,but each to his own.''

AS you are speaking from a position of ignorance I would be happy to send you the current EV , AZED & Inquisitor crosswords to disabuse you.
If you contact me at
Tony Graham
Graudian@googlemail.com
and give me an address I will send you copies

I look forward to hearing from you.

1 of 44  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th May 2011, 20:12
wow...The Graudian, can we all contact?
2 of 44  -   Report This Post

tony

19th May 2011, 20:14
Feel free as long as it is not abusive.
3 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

19th May 2011, 20:16
Why split the thread. Oh, of course you want to be a headliner.

Stick to the other thread and I will reply.
4 of 44  -   Report This Post

tony

19th May 2011, 20:21
The thread is too long to wade through.

Just reply here and I'll send the crosswords for you to solve.

Please don't prevaricate.
5 of 44  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th May 2011, 20:28
Tony - issuing silly little challenges from your ivory tower hardly suggests the keenest of minds.
I have read some of your previous posts and, no offence, you come across as an appallingly arrogant,smug,patronising little twerp(i'd recommend a career in politics).
I've grappled with 'advanced crosswords' and was pretty good at them. The giddy heights of intelligence (which you desperately seem to want to associate yourself with - why else spoil jolans 5@5 twice,just to be first?) are just not needed.
Quite frankly,people like me and, i assume,terry,don't do them because they are generally rather dull. Reasonable general knowledge,common sense and a willingness to spend some time doing research is all that is needed.They remind me of homework.
Stop talking down to everybody here claiming that you are trying to help us poor sods rise up out of our ignorance.
I hope that Ximenes,like Euclid,would accept that his thoughts were a bedrock to be built upon,not adhered to slavishly by self proclaimed intellectuals.
here ends my thought for the day.
6 of 44  -   Report This Post

mark

19th May 2011, 20:32
terry and trevor bang on form tonight.
7 of 44  -   Report This Post

tony

19th May 2011, 20:37
Trevor

Have noted your comments. Thank you.

I hadn't thought I was issuing any sort of challenge, never mind from an ivory tower.

I'm glad your pretty good at advanced puzzles.Unlike you I don't generally find them dull but - hey to each his own.

I'm still hoping Terry will reply.
8 of 44  -   Report This Post

crypto

19th May 2011, 20:40
Just come on line and read earlier threads. Having seen Terry's past contributions to the clues posted on this forum over several months now I'd back him to be able to do any crossword.
9 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

19th May 2011, 20:41
Tony,
I told you your English comprehension was iffy.
What's not to understand about post 4 of 8.
10 of 44  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For TERRY