CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

18th May 2011, 14:44
Please check for earlier thread... and have a go...it's fun.

And you can win a virtual prize...

Nagging over

p@
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

anniec

18th May 2011, 17:42
Hello Pastille - its the quality of the entries that reduces the takers(for me at least) - a bit like AB last week, once Mary posted hers I thought - Well, can't beat that! Maybe I'm wrong?

I suspect lots of people like me enjoy the thread and do exercise their brains over it but just don't post often. Doesn;t mean we don't care! xxx
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th May 2011, 17:46
Hi anniec,

Good to hear from you.

I kind of agree, the standard is high, that bloody Mary women...muttermutter..mmh.

But, I give it a go even if my entry is weak.

Maybe next week,

Take care,

p@
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

terry

18th May 2011, 18:01
Pastille,

I am sure that what Anniec says is true. But as Homer Simpson said "trying is the first step towards failure" is a feeling that must be increased when people other than the sole judge see fit to praise individual entries.

Don't get me wrong, AB's xy thing was bloody brilliant and a stone cold certainty to win. But we should leave that to the judge and not be cheerleaders for one entry. It's just supposed to be a bit of fun. I expect one day the "winner" will be chosen not for their current entry but for "services to clueless over a long period". A bit like John Wayne's oscar. And that will be OK by me.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

mary

18th May 2011, 18:13
Please! I just enjoy putting my clue out there, to participate. lets not get too serious. CLUELESS is meant to be something enjoyable for all.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

anniec

18th May 2011, 18:20
With you on that one Mary - I was hopefully trying to reassure Pastille that the thread is fun even for those of us who don't enter. Mind you, with Terry's proposal for a "time server" Oscar I shall get my contributions in now and practice my acceptance speech - now, I can promise that will be boring!!

And well done Mary (bloody woman etc etc a la Pastille) - yours was a very good clue x
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

terry

18th May 2011, 18:37
I'm sorry if I upset anyone. All I mean is that the judge shouldn't feel in any way pressurised to pick a particular winner. And in any case may want to pick somebody for some pretty flippant reason. That's their privilege.
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th May 2011, 18:41
Me again...

Mary, I know that you know I am just kidding.

I do do it for fun...and the hope that one day... (acceptance speech also written)Word picked and virtual prize waiting in the wings.

Off out now..."speak" soon.

p@
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

mary

18th May 2011, 19:10
pastille, you go girl, I seldom take offence, if I do you will know! Lets leave the judging up to AB, after all he is the judge!
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th May 2011, 22:20
Terry,

I was in no way trying to sway the "judge".

A simple compliment is not my style,

A backhander... maybe.

Violent threats... possible.

A promise to sing Take That songs...a strong possibility.

I will keep my enthusiasm in check.

But, please note last week fRANCIS, Ixion, tonyw and okay me, all commented on AB's answer before the Judges decision. So don't just pick on me...you..you..cad!

Or it will be pistols at dawn.

kissypoos

p@
10 of 13  -   Report This Post