CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

coline

17th May 2011, 22:06
Congratulations to the Swans on their excellent win yesterday. They really looked a Premiership side - especially in the first half. Cardiff, on the other hand, did not deserve to win to-night. They ran around like headless chickens; plenty of effort but no semblance of any strategy. Good luck to the Swans in the final.
ColinE (from Cardiff)
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

silly boy

17th May 2011, 23:30
Colin .... what game were you watching ? The ref turned down three-stone wall penalties for Cardiff ..... Chopra held around the waist, Olofinjana shoved off the ball in mid-air as he was about to head for goal and the blatant handball from Bothroyd's shot ! You know as well as I do .... the FA and the police did not want Cardiff v Swansea in the play-off final ! You can draw your own conclusions from that about the refereeing of tonight's game. There was no way the two Welsh sides were going to Wembley, and Swansea will have the same problems in the final !
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

def

17th May 2011, 23:40
Is this now a "footie" forum? That's my READING of the situation!
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

silly boy

17th May 2011, 23:46
Def ..... OK, I'll put a question ...... why were the odds stacked against an all Welsh play-off final ? .... and even though Swansea are the best football-playing side in the Championship what are their chances against an English side in the play-off final ?
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

brummie

17th May 2011, 23:50
My god. So bitter,chip on shoulder,whinging,bad loser,fantasist you name it. No wonder football has gone to the dogs with tossers like you as a fan.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

silly boy

17th May 2011, 23:53
brummie ..... obviously you didn't watch the game, or know nothing about football. ;o)
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

chas

17th May 2011, 23:55
Silly boy? More like deranged racist nutter boy.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

silly boy

17th May 2011, 23:58
Racist .... not me ! I'm English .... I just happen to live in Cardiff ! ;o)
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

silly boy

18th May 2011, 00:12
Anyway .... goodnight to all my readers, and Colin(SwanseaJack) I hope you have better luck with the ref than Cardiff had .... you deserve to go up. ;o)
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

coline

18th May 2011, 11:22
Hi, Silly Boy, Sorry I did not respond last night, but I had already signed off. The Chopra incident I will grant you, in fact I was probably the first to shout "Penalty" when the blatant holding of him was shown on screen (as my bewildered wife will confirm). However, whilst the other incidents "might" have been given, I do not think it was a blatant shove in the back and I think it was ball struck hand rather than hand struck ball. I think Swansea's main problem will be the alertness and determination showed by the Reading players (almost Stoke-like) which may upset their fluent style of football. Anyhow, as another Englishman living in Cardiff, I have no wish to fall out with anyone. I suppose we all see things from different perspectives. Good Luck to the Bluebirds next season. Colin.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post