CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jaybee

16th May 2011, 15:49
Hi there,

Can anyone confirm (or otherwise!) one or two I'm a bit unsure of today? Thanks.

7d (4) 'Dons don it'. I've got g-w- and am thinking 'gowd' as the aberdonian word for gold, maybe??

13d (3) 'Oz news at 3'. I've got o-l and am thinking 'oil' as 3 is 'dressing'.

1 of 18  -   Report This Post

rl

16th May 2011, 15:53
Gown - as in worn by a university don
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

the joker

16th May 2011, 15:54
How about GOWN
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

jaybee

16th May 2011, 15:55
Thanks to both of you - how daft do I feel?
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

the joker

16th May 2011, 16:01
Am I missing something re.the wee stinker thread?
Why is a new thread started for every question?
It is off putting to those of us who try to give assistance.
Please would you use the reply button as requested,to save all these multiple entries.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

the joker

16th May 2011, 16:02
Am I missing something re.the wee stinker thread?
Why is a new thread started for every question?
It is off putting to those of us who try to give assistance.
Please would you use the reply button as requested,to save all these multiple entries.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

jaybee

16th May 2011, 16:07
We all try to give assistance. No person or clique has a monopoly on that.

Sorry if you found my faux pas off-putting. My logic is that it saves those of us who find wading through very lengthy entries off-putting if someone starts a new thread with a query that hasn't been asked previously.

Hope this explanation a)placates you somewhat and b) lets yuo see that there's no right/wrong way to use this site - not that I'm aware of - as long as anyone using it does so in the spirit of enjoyment and mutual support.

If I'm wrong, please let me know where I can access a copy of the rule book.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

kendo

16th May 2011, 16:17
well said jaybee
Kendo
ps remember he is the joker,maybe he is just pulling our leg
ho ho
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

jill

16th May 2011, 17:21
I think the amount of duplicate posts (The Joker did it here)especially for new threads make things look worse.
Entirely down to the server/site host to sort out the apparent freeze up when trying to post.Of course people will click send/add reply, more than once when nothing appears to be happening.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

the joker

16th May 2011, 17:30
Jaybee
I don't want to make a big issue of this,but common sense should surely be applied.
There have been 14 threads under "Wee Stinker"already posted today,and there are still some 7 hours to go.
Surely a rule book is not necessary as it seems that to click on the add reply box is a fairly simple thing to do.
Also re.your 2nd.paragraph,how do you know that the question posed on a new thread has not been asked before.
I do not often contribute to the Radio Times thread,but the contributors on that thread seem to manage it quite well. Indeed the vast majority of the threads also adhere to the one thread.
Is this a case of everyone is out of step except our Jock.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post