CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hallgreener

15th May 2011, 14:41
-E---------- (12 letters-I'm v. unsure of my other letters). CLUE; Maybe silver monkey leaves borders to mature-one could describe something similar.
I think it might be a word for 'silver', or 'describe something similar'- being a master of the bleeding obvious-can anybody help?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th May 2011, 14:45
I know it doesn't help but I'm scratching my head over this one. Seems to be hard work today, but nil desperandum!
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th May 2011, 14:51
metalanguage
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th May 2011, 14:52
Thank you sudokulover for putting me out of my misery (for now).
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

hallgreener

15th May 2011, 14:54
Ta v.much
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th May 2011, 14:57
I found this puzzle quite easy (for a change!I usually struggle, but being in the Times Xword Club I printed it off last night and actually finished it before bed!) I'm sure you'll get going now you've got that long one to work from! Good luck. I'm having a go at the Azed now and it's quite a tough one today.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

chips

15th May 2011, 15:08
I too found this a bit easier than usual today - not easy as such, but not impossible!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

hallgreener

15th May 2011, 16:06
Dear sudukolover, Have you read the analysis of the differences etc., between cryptic Xwords and Sudoku? It's v. interesting-I reccomend it. You will find it at alberichcrosswords, if u have difficulty contact me at foxgreen@clara.co.uk
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th May 2011, 16:13
Thanks for that hallgreener - very interesting reading. As it says , when they first came out for me, they overtook the cryptic xword , but now again I am equally keen on both. I only now do the sudokus known as "killer" and try to always use logic to finish them rather than trial & error.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post