CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mandala

10th May 2011, 16:41
A good one this week with quite a few witty anagrams. My favourite clue is 12A, but there are several in the running.

The wordfinder this week is a Canadian series set in Chicago.
1 of 26  -   Report This Post

navigator

10th May 2011, 17:45
Good afternoon all.Plain sailing
this week. I liked 3d 5d 20a and 22a.
I only realised the significance of the
first words of clue 18a after I had the answer.
Dear Old Gal you have been in my thoughts
while I have been away and I'm so pleased that the MRI went well.
N
2 of 26  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

11th May 2011, 10:42
Good morning all,

I don't expect that anyone of the regular contributors to the RT thread is going to have much of a problem with this week's puzzle. Over time, we're becoming used to the idiosyncrasies of this compiler so, in 15a, the word 'drastically' sticks out like a sore thumb. Start your search for the answer in that word...

I'm thinking about you Old Gal.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio

3 of 26  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

11th May 2011, 11:48
HI, Guys.

Yes, nothing too challenging this week. I liked 18 across, and 1 down was the last to fall into place.

Thanks for your good wishes, Mondrian. I can now go an sit on park benches among the old men, and can even attend Age Concern meetings, though, I don't think I'll bother. I am still enjoying the novelty of the XJ8. Just waiting for a number plate that doesn't show that it is really quite old, just like me.

Best wishes.

P.
4 of 26  -   Report This Post

brico

11th May 2011, 12:47
Morning all. Looked at 15a for ages before the penny dropped. Never heard of the TV show!
5 of 26  -   Report This Post

bees

11th May 2011, 17:31
Happy antiquity, Pipesmoker! I couldn't afford to fill the tank on an XJ8.
How's Old Gal this week?

I'm not thrilled with 13d. I had to guess the answer then spend time working out the clue got to the second word. Very convoluted!
6 of 26  -   Report This Post

old gal

11th May 2011, 18:08
Hi all! Navigator - thanks for your good wishe.s but you are jumping the gun re the scan - the hospital said they would contact me if they had bad news so everytime the phone rings i hide behind the sofa! What a stupid thing to say to people..... Anyway - back to the RT - I have a N in 15a, is this right? I liked 6d
7 of 26  -   Report This Post

deekay

11th May 2011, 19:09
Yes the 'N' in 15a is right. The answer is in the clue - but 'back'.

Should I be looking for the name of a river in 1d?
8 of 26  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

11th May 2011, 19:33
Hi Deekay,

The first part of the answer is a river - but only three letters - and, if you think laterally about the word 'shooter', then I suspect that you'll get the answer very quickly.

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
9 of 26  -   Report This Post

bees

11th May 2011, 19:36
Yes Deekay, the river is a safe bet; you can take a punt on it. Old Gal, don't hide behinf the sofa......that's where the Daleks are hiding!
10 of 26  -   Report This Post