CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

10th May 2011, 10:23
I set crossies just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few of my clues? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm BST (GMT+1) to allow others to have a go.

1, Blend of whiskey flowing from the keg. Where is my supply? (5)
2. Main area of low-cost transport for lead, silver and earth (8)
3. Crimes committed in cooler locations? (6,4)
4. Creepy expeditions stopping only at watering-holes? (3-6)
5. One may hit on it in my gym (1,10)

Happy solving friends.
1 of 48  -   Report This Post

anna key

10th May 2011, 11:28
i'll kick things off

2- steerage , 3) inside jobs, 4) pub crawls
2 of 48  -   Report This Post

jill

10th May 2011, 11:34
Anna - did you not read the post properly or are you trying to be clever/funny.(i suspect the later as your name suggests silly schoolboy humour - Anarchy indeed, how revolutionary can you get in a crossword forum?)
3 of 48  -   Report This Post

the joker

10th May 2011, 11:43
If anything should be " kicked off" here it should be YOU.
4 of 48  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th May 2011, 12:24
This Forum used to be fun. Now it seems predominantly either egotistical mindless morons, or inane, sick-making drivel. No wonder there seem to be so many of the old familiar names missing.
5 of 48  -   Report This Post

sammy

10th May 2011, 12:51
A good set of clues, Jolan. You got me with that clever misdirection in the lead and silver clue.

I agree with you AJT and miss the names of several excellent solvers and enthusiasts who were here when I joined: Aljanon, Silly Boy, John from Arran, Big Dave, helena, Mamya are some that spring to mind.
6 of 48  -   Report This Post

ixion

10th May 2011, 13:51
Shame this has happened again - nice clues as usual Jolan, please don't be put off by this idiot - think I've got the first one but number 5 still eludes me.
7 of 48  -   Report This Post

terry

10th May 2011, 14:15
Has it not occurred to you that the reason some of "the old familiar names" are missing is that they have managed to get themselves banned whilst morphing. They should of realised that Ash bans IP Addresses not names.
8 of 48  -   Report This Post

sallyw

10th May 2011, 14:15
Why do people have to be such spoilers? It isn't big and it isn't clever.
9 of 48  -   Report This Post

sammy

10th May 2011, 14:24
Oh. Is this the terry who solves clues or some other entity masquerading as terry?
10 of 48  -   Report This Post