CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dizoz

3rd May 2011, 05:25
down-loaded genius 95. looks complicated! picked up a few solutions. A few hints would be appreciated.
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

ajt

3rd May 2011, 07:31
Hello Dizoz - I found it enjoyable, if complicated. Fill in the answers as usual, and worry about the instructions when you've filled the grid. Interesting to see it's Lavatch - encountered usually with the Spectatot puzzle. One of the answers was familiar from there recently.
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

mischka

3rd May 2011, 08:19
AJT - I agree this is (so far!) a very enjoyable Genius. I now have solutions to all the clues, so the instruction has emerged, but I can't work out what to do now with the four words (and how it can possibly only be four, since it seems that swapping four would have to involved others too...). Any subtle hints gratefully received!
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

ajt

3rd May 2011, 08:34
You're on the home run. I don't want to give the game away, but now read the perimeter - then look at the instructions, and all should emerge.
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

ajt

3rd May 2011, 08:35
PS - and it's important to remember that in the completed grid "all final entries are real words"
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

mischka

3rd May 2011, 09:52
Thanks AJT. I don't want any more hints, since I'd like to see if the penny will drop, but it feels a bit like a Rubik's cube when you're just about done with the last face, but you know that you could so easily scramble everything, and all the hard work is lost!
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

ajt

3rd May 2011, 09:56
Just concentrate on my PS above- the penny WILL drop - it's not too difficult.
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

rob pendragon

3rd May 2011, 11:14
At first, you worry about the superfluous words and the switching, but I've almost finiahed (still to get "Orwell" and "American pigment" and the two bottom four-letter words, although I thought one was THÉS). Four towns are emerging, and the letters seem to indicate perhaps geograpic or perimeter, but the switching is obscure.
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

ajt

3rd May 2011, 11:15
Rob P - Mischka requested no more hints.
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

rob pendragon

3rd May 2011, 11:21
OK, I don't think I said much more than you, anyway. I've got the two four-letter words now.
10 of 24  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Genius 95