CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

26th April 2011, 11:20
I've finished this but am unsure about one of the answers. 52 across - "Easily-provoked
desire to lock up prisoner". I have the answer as "waspish" but I can't see where the prisoner comes into it.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

smb

26th April 2011, 11:50
WASPISH (WISH) (P)
I think not sure
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th April 2011, 12:35
Pity it's not "to lock up POISONER", eh?
THEN, it would be ASP = poisoner, locked up in WISH = desire.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

paul

26th April 2011, 12:57
Hey Paul - it was poisoner not prisoner

BTW are we the only 2 pauls on here? Are you happy to capitalise your P as you have done in which case I will continue being lower case!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

the judge

26th April 2011, 12:59
Looks like you are correct SMB. Jolan has privided the explanation. Either the setter has made a mistake or Paul has. Elther way, Paul hasn't bothered the 'get back' to either one of you.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

paul

27th April 2011, 14:18
Paul still has his manners, thankfully, and a big thank you to SMB, Jolan, paul and The Judge for their assistance yesterday! I had to rush off for the day and have only just been able to reply. "Poisoner it is, then - I took a cursory glance at the clue and committed "prisoner" ro memory. Hence the faux pas in my enquiry! But you all rose above it like the stalwarts that you are and sorted me out!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post