CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

janice

25th April 2011, 13:44
6a One not enjoying holiday bored by hot African(7)
??S???N

14a Avoiding company commander in huge area, left(7)
A???I??
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

boltonian

25th April 2011, 13:47
BUSHMAN

Busman (as in busman's holiday) with H (hot) in the middle
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

iain

25th April 2011, 13:47
6a bus(h)man
14a as(oc)ia l
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

janice

25th April 2011, 13:50
Thanks iain and Boltonian. Is it Bolton in Lancs.? I live in Bury.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

boltonian

25th April 2011, 13:50
... and the other is ASOCIAL
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

boltonian

25th April 2011, 13:54
It is Bolton in Lancs but it is just a bit of nostalgia on my part - I was born and bred there but have lived on the south coast for the last forty odd years. I still enjoy Bury black pudding - I had an uncle who used to take me to watch Bury at Gigg Lane and we always brought black puddings home with us!
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

janice

25th April 2011, 14:12
Glad to talk to you Boltonian, but I'm sorry to say I don't like black pudding. I was on Bury market on Saturday!!
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

boltonian

25th April 2011, 14:18
Do I remember some sweets from Bury that had the slogan "Something good from Bury" - am I right? What were they?

I get black pudding from Bury in Sainsbury's - they have a website www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk which claims that they are the only black puddings made in Bury and a picture of their stall on Bury market.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

janice

25th April 2011, 14:22
I don't know about any sweets made in Bury. We are Man City fans (we're going to the game at Blackburn tonight) but we occasionally go to Gigg Lane to support Bury if City are not playing. They are doing well this season and hopefully a win for Bury today will see them promoted.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

boltonian

25th April 2011, 14:34
I guess the sweet company must have closed or been taken over - it's a long time ago! Enjoy the match tonight - I have always supported Bolton Wanderers. I remember going to Maine Road in the days of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee (he was born on the same day as me!) Wasn't Colin Bell known as the King of Kippax?
10 of 10  -   Report This Post