CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

billie

9th June 2009, 20:44
Which wicket keeper holds the record for conceding the most number of byes in a cricket test match?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

philip

9th June 2009, 20:54
Hi
L Ames (Enland)conceded 37 v Australia in 1934. Thats 3 more than anyone else.
Hope that helps
PHILIP
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

billie

9th June 2009, 21:11
thank you so much PHILIP
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

10th June 2009, 09:41
Hi Billie,

I am sorry for having to contradict Philip but BRAD HADDIN, the Australian wicket-keeper, conceded 39 byes in the First Test against India in Bangalore last year.

One of his problems is that he stands up to the quick bowlers with the intention of putting pressure on the batsmen.

Regards,

Caravaggio
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

10th June 2009, 09:49
Hi Billie,

I think I now have the definitive answer for you - our very own MATT PRIOR, who conceded 52 byes against the West Indies in Port of Spain this year.

Unlike Haddin, I can't come up with an excuse for him.

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

the joker

10th June 2009, 12:18
Hi Caravaggio

INCOMPETENCE !!! ??
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

billie

10th June 2009, 13:53
Thank you Caravaggio
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

philip

10th June 2009, 16:29
Sorry. Misread your question. Ames conceded most byes in a test match INNINGS.
Caravaggio clearly has her eye on the ball more than I do (or for that matter, Matt Prior!)
Philip
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

10th June 2009, 17:45
Hi Philip,

My old friend Bill Frindall compiled a book which was entitled 'The Guinness Book of Cricket Facts & Feats' and was a godsend to all cricket aficionados. Unfortunately, it was invariably out of date when it was published!

As you will probably be aware, there will not be any further editions now - and his passing leaves a huge void - but he would have delighted in referring to Matt Prior's 'world record'.

I won't take offence by your referring to me as 'her'!

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

philip

10th June 2009, 20:49
Caravaggio
OOPs. Sorry, dont know why I referred to you as a "her". I was obviously confused, as I was also trying to answer something from another post who was clearly a "her"
Regards
Philip
10 of 10  -   Report This Post