CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT16

navigator

12th April 2011, 10:11
Good morning all. I tried to be early
this week as I shall be visiting relatives
again for the next three weeks and the RT
will have to take a back seat.
I liked most of the clues, particularly 7d.
Kind regards,
N

1 of 21  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th April 2011, 10:41
Alas, the postman has failed in his duty and has not delivered my RT. I shall sit by the letter box lest he returneth with it at a later hour.

What a miserable start to a Tuesday, but try not to worry about me. I might be all right. I don't want to be a burden.

Have an enjoyable break, Navagator.

P
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

mondrian

12th April 2011, 10:44
Navigator. You are quick of the mark this week. Some of us, like myself, have not even bought the Radio Times yet. Hope you have a pleasant visit to your relatives.

Wee Jock. Re last weeks puzzle, thanks for the help with that coffee maker thing,. I did eventually get it, but it was only ages after that I saw the connection to soldiers. I`m very slow on the uptake sometimes!
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th April 2011, 12:24
Good afternoon all,

I tried to resist the temptation to start on the crossword but I've failed miserably... There aren't any real problems this week except 22a.

Are we looking at the word 'wolf' in the sense of the verb? For example: "Don't wolf down your food." The answer I have would suggest this is the case and then leads me to think that the clue is badly constructed!

With best wishes,

Caravaggio

4 of 21  -   Report This Post

navigator

12th April 2011, 14:29
22a was the last one I spotted. The past tense "has" was the difficulty. "will"
would have been better.
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th April 2011, 17:57
Thanks, Navigator. We seemed to generate a lot of 'white space' with our previous posts but I bet that we couldn't do it again even if we tried...
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

deekay

12th April 2011, 18:08
Interesting how we approach it different ways - 22a was the first clue I entered and 6a the last one which puzzled me for some time. But I stioll have two unsolved clues in the top left - 1d and 10a. Further cryptic help welcome.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th April 2011, 18:59
Hi Deekay,

The answer to 10a is contained within the clue - think Foreign Legion - and that should give you *D*E* for 1d. Now if you added the letter M to the answer you'd be more upset...

Regards,

Caravaggio
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

wee jock

13th April 2011, 00:31
HOWDY FOLKS.

CAR and NAV, I aggree about 22a, the clue uses the Perfect Tense,3rd person(has run)so the anser should be likewise.Why didn't he use the infinitive(Wolf to run off).Maybe we're missing something!

Nuff Said

'NIGHT

WJ
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

deekay

13th April 2011, 08:34
Hi Caravaggio

Thanks for the help. I had to google my answer for the Foreign legion connection and now have learnt a new word - but then I rarely wear a hat. 1d now becomes obvious - I don't know why I didn't see it earlier as I was on the right track.
10 of 21  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT16