CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

27th March 2011, 20:53
Do not panic...this is a book I have just finished.

It was extremely funny and the type of book which I think will appeal to a lot of you "peeps".

It is written by Neil Forsyth who writes as Bob Servant...

"Anti-hero of spam Bob Servant takes on internet fraudsters at their own game in this hilarious compendium of genuine e-mail exchanges. As they entice him with lost African millions, Russian brides and get-rich-quick scams, Bob responds by generously offering some outlandish schemes of his own. The spammers may have breached his firewall, but they have met their match as former window cleaner and cheeseburger magnate rises heroically to the challenge and sows confusion in his wake."

Some of you may have read "our Terry's" (not thetitterry!)little story about an unfortunate night with too much whiskey and a razor...made me giggle for ages.

Well, it reminded me of Bob who when trying to explain to a potential Russian bride why she may be disappointed with what he had to offer in the "trouser department".

He went on to tell a tale about how he lost his manhood trying to beat his own record on an assault course he had set up in his own garden. Fuelled by alcohol, and dressed only in a vest...he tackles tennis balls, a pit with every fork he owned embedded in the bottom, and many other obstacles, including the spokes of the paper boys bike.

Brings tears to your eyes, in both senses.

Get down to your local library now....before the" condems" shut them all down.

Or it is cheap on Amazon.

Just thought I would share, this book really gets your chuckle muscles going.

p@
1 of 50  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

27th March 2011, 23:07
I read some extracts in one of the papers a few months back, and they really are wonderfully funny.
2 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

28th March 2011, 00:19
Thanks Bullfrog for acknowledging.

I do think this is a book worth reading...pure and utter "pisstake" not sure if that a real word, but heyhoo...

take care

p@ x
3 of 50  -   Report This Post

gerry

28th March 2011, 01:08
pastille and bullfrog, this has nothing to do with crosswords, (this is a crossword forum). Why dont you take yourselves off to Chatterbank on the Answerbank site?
4 of 50  -   Report This Post

bu

28th March 2011, 01:11
Gerry - I'm passing the time inbetween answering people's requests for help. What are you doing here?
5 of 50  -   Report This Post

terry

28th March 2011, 01:11
Gerry,
You are one miserable sod. Don't stand near the edge of the platform. Take a running jump when the train comes. Statistics show this is the most certain method.
6 of 50  -   Report This Post

gerry

28th March 2011, 01:21
Bu ? I presume you are bull frog? Why not leave this site to crossword fans and take yourself and pastille to sites who may be interested in your views on whatever pastille has read? I certainly am not in the least interested!
7 of 50  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th March 2011, 01:21
I'm not seeing any requests for help or answering posts by 'Gerry'. Did you drop by just to have a whinge, or were you afraid to use your usual name?
8 of 50  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th March 2011, 01:29
gerry has chatted loads lately,must hate himself for it so go easy on the twat.
9 of 50  -   Report This Post

gerry

28th March 2011, 01:35
Terry, you are a lightweight and do not deserve a response. Bullfrog, I do accept your opinion, but why should you need to have recognised someone who has not been on this forum before, before you can give a response to their opinion? The opinions of pastille and you regarding the thing she posted about do not belong on a CROSSWORD site.
10 of 50  -   Report This Post