CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

22nd March 2011, 11:40
Good morning all. I'm afraid that I'm not up to starting with a poem. I also apologise for my unexplained absence for the last two weeks. The truth is that I seemed unable to
concentrate my mind on anything. A good friend told me to pull myself together.
With that in mind I roused myself early this morning, bought the RT and miracle of miracles had RT13 finished before breakfast
Either it's dead easy or it pays to have a two weeks break from it.
Sorry for this post .. I don't think I'm the idiot I may appear to be.

1 of 45  -   Report This Post

sallyw

22nd March 2011, 11:50
Welcome back!
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd March 2011, 12:01
Navigator,you steer far from the rocks eejit.

why RT13 tho?.

there has been more than 13 surely?
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd March 2011, 12:09
Navigator
i'll rephrase that.
you are far from an idiot.
I can't believe that there have only beem 13 RT crosswords.
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd March 2011, 13:34
Welcome back Navigator. I agree it wasn't much of a challenge this week. I liked 8 down, but thought 19 down was a weak clue.

Mondrian. What news of your brother?

P.
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

navigator

22nd March 2011, 14:56
Trevor
The RT numbers run from the beginning of the year.
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

torvic

22nd March 2011, 19:47
Fairly easy this week, but 4d is a terrible clue!
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

nicola

22nd March 2011, 19:56
Haven't completly finished - 16a, 21a and 14d to go but did manage most of it while I was in the hairdressers
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

terry

22nd March 2011, 20:07
I don't want to alarm you guys. But if someone calling himself "Gerry" comes across this thread there will be tears before bedtime.
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

wee jock

22nd March 2011, 20:15
HOWDY NAVIGATOR AND FOLKS.

Glad to see you've shaken off the blues with the help of this weeks crossword(albeit a poor one)but I've a feeling your lifting of spirit is more likely to be the first breath of Spring making itself manifest around us.It has certainly been like that here in the Lothians today and the first day I have been able to do some gardening and then come in and finish RT13 in one sitting. What made my day,though, was the blackbird who came and gave me a sampler of his this year's repertoire. BEAUTIFUL!

However,RT13,I think was not up to the standard of the last few weeks with no challenges to the intelect,no neat or witty clues and"no shipwrecks and nobody drownded and nuthin' to laugh at,at all". I think the usual compiler must be on leave with his apprentice left toget on with it.Competant and obeying the rules but with no sparkle.
But who am I to criticise,wee nyaff!

NUFF SAID
HOPE ALL ARE WELL
WJ
10 of 45  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 13