CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosie

16th March 2011, 19:14
It seems as if I'm the only one struggling with this convoluted puzzle.
I have got (I think) 6 of the misprints but still cannot identify the author or the work.
I have a few of the affected cells from the clashing answers & 27d which seems to be the theme.
Some very big hints would help!
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

tony

16th March 2011, 19:32
Hi Rosie. This was a very tricky but extremely well set and enjoyable crossword.
It was comparable with the standard of a Listener puzzle.
You do not say which misprints you have but the 3 I felt were well disguised were 37a, 29d & 40d. You should be able to get the author from those.
A further difficulty is that there are two possible works by the author which fit the theme.
If you google the letters you have solved from the affected clues, you should see the relevance to 27d. The shape of the 7 clues in the grid will confirm the title.
Finally there are two different endings to 27d depending on how you constructed the anagram. The two different letters should both be placed in the same cell.
Good luck.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

rosie

16th March 2011, 20:26
That's great thanks Tony.

Back to the grid!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

shannie

17th March 2011, 09:01
Sorry to trouble you but i have two queries. Is there an S at the end of 33a since clue mentions poems?, and can anybody give me the author's name or a very strong hint and no. of letters it contains. Thank you in anticipation.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

tony

17th March 2011, 09:28
Hi shannie

33a ends with Z

Author is 4 & 6 and Irish.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

shannie

18th March 2011, 18:48
Thaks Tony , I did appreciate your help and have now completed my 50th consecutive EV. Keep on the good work.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

tony

18th March 2011, 19:35
Well done shannie.

It was an excellent puzzle and as good as I can recall in the last 5 years or so. Until you mentioned that EV 958 was your 50th consecutive successful, I had not considered that one a week quickly mounts up.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 958