CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

12th March 2011, 22:27
Hi all,

just back after the virus incident, seems that all is back to normal, I see their is now a 'report this post' feature. Has it got rid of the idiots, Hope so, anything else new?
Can we make links again via HTML or is that still a no-no?
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th March 2011, 22:33
Hi Les,

Welcome back. Interesting developments -- reporting an abusive post gets it removed and a simplified HTML service is available to the right of the new message window allowing bold. italic and underlined with links converting automatically (ish)
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

les40

12th March 2011, 22:37
Cheers Bullfrog.
So the idiot(s) have gone then
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th March 2011, 22:37
Not sure if it's been fixed yet, but the links only worked on the homepage of the URL --

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th March 2011, 22:40
No, not fixed yet, but Ash came down from the mountain and spake unto us and said it would be so, and yea, verily, it's, er, not...

The idiots haven't necessarily gone, but their ramblings don't stick around for long.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

d

12th March 2011, 22:49
d
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

les40

12th March 2011, 22:56
OK Bullfrog
Just been on the Guardian web site and that looks interesting with the compilers giving a talk in Manchester this month.
Would be OK if free, but they want £12 for an hours chat about crossword compiling.
People can learn enough on here if they ask.
I'm working on a new grid at the moment Bullfrog, and I've upped the difficulty rating, just got about 8 or 9 clues to set before its finished, then will be contacting Big Dave to put it on his Weblog.
I'm hoping it will create some interest, should be done this week.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th March 2011, 23:07
I look forward to trying it.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Whats New