CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ad

9th March 2011, 15:37
Can anyone help me with 15a crack it if ladder collapses over barrel in new house, 8,5 and 15d traffic controls hard to fathom in parts overall, 5,4
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

coline

9th March 2011, 15:49
Sorry, Ad, can't think.
Do you have any letters which might get my grey matter moving ?
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

ad

9th March 2011, 15:57
15d _ _ e _ d, _ r _ p. 15a _ _ _ _ l _ _ _, b _ a _ e. Thanks!
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

jenny

9th March 2011, 15:57
shoulder blade
speed trap
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

ad

9th March 2011, 15:59
Thanks
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

tonyw

9th March 2011, 18:59
today's X-word was a bit harder than normal.
I think that when you give an answer you should explain why.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

terry

9th March 2011, 19:17
Tonyw,
I used to think that but I changed my mind. Nowadays I usually say if it's an anagram because I presume the poster hasn't picked that up. Otherwise I presume the poster will want to try to work out the "why" for themself. If they can't they will ask for an explanation. Assuming they care of course.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

tonyw

9th March 2011, 19:33
what got my back up was that Ad asked for answers which she/he got and then said Thanks.
Explanations help others to understand how cryptic clues work.
I cannot compete with the likes of some people on this site,but isn't more fun to explain than to condescend ?
I am now going to watch Spurs win on ITV. And am going to try and watch my mum go through the last lock on the Panama canal live.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

tonyw

9th March 2011, 23:15
I didn't see Spurs win but they have gone through and I did see my mum go through the Panama canal(there is a live web cam)
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

ad

10th March 2011, 12:25
oops sorry to get your back up tonyw!! sometimes just need an answer to get me going again when stuck but when i do get answers off site can normally work out why and if i cant i will ask, quite new to cryptic so appreciate this site and its members help ;]
10 of 10  -   Report This Post