CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

thicko

8th March 2011, 15:31
Someone please push me in the right direction with these two :- 9 down ~ Squeeze pianist and presenter (5,7) and 20 across ~ Flower to put in, then turn it round with a plant (10) ~~~~~~~ Please don't give me a direct answer just "push me in the right direction"
1 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

8th March 2011, 15:41
Afternoon Thicko.
9d.Piano player,he presents a music prog on BBC2 sometimes.
20a. A flowering plant,usually, pot plant,popular at Christmas.
I do hope that helps,if not I'll try to think of something else,unless ofcourse someone comes up with much better clues!
2 of 63  -   Report This Post

torvic

8th March 2011, 16:11
20a The flower is a river in Italy, followed by a five letter word meaning 'to put in', then turn 'it' with 'a'.
9d this musician/presenter was in a band called 'squeeze'
3 of 63  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th March 2011, 16:18
Good afternoon all,

Below RT11 is the solution for RT6 and the answer to the ambiguous clue which Philip complained about to the Radio Times.

The answer shown is ceiling so the majority of us would have been wrong if we'd posted an entry with sealing entered instead...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
4 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

8th March 2011, 16:49
Hi Caravaggio,yes I'd noticed I got RT6 3d wrong,convinced myself it was 'sealing'.Ah well!
Best to all.
Off to make my pancake batter!Perhaps when I toss them they'll stick to the cieling,just to remind me!
5 of 63  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th March 2011, 17:02
Yes, I too noted the ceiling instead of sealing - which was what I put, having tipexed out the ceiling! Next time I will just toss a coin instead of trying to think logically!! Only just started on No 11.
6 of 63  -   Report This Post

ann

8th March 2011, 18:53
I too had plumped for "sealing".I still think the clue was very ambiguous.Am just about to get a cuppa and a chocolate biscuit and start RT11

ann
7 of 63  -   Report This Post

old gal

8th March 2011, 19:36
Hello all - I'm back just a little redfaced over my tantrum last week. Excused as awaiting hospital appointment re lump which i have been informed today is very unlikely to be cancerous!!!!!!! Mind was all over the place hence my bad tempered post! Many thanks to all who urged me to stay - will do! Haven't got the RT yet but will get stuck in tomorrow. Happy Birthday to (who was it? sorry either Mondrian or Karen!!!). Incidentally - I put ceiling! yee haa........
8 of 63  -   Report This Post

nimrod

8th March 2011, 20:14
Nice to have you back old gal!!
Good news at the hospital!!
Rather smugly I too have to admit to having put "ceiling." Didn't win the prize though!
RT 11 completed. Did like 8A, 15A, 16A & 14D.
9 of 63  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th March 2011, 20:39
I also put ceiling...my mum told me too, and I always do what my mum says.

p@
10 of 63  -   Report This Post