CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bill

23rd May 2009, 18:53
This isn't exactly a crossword puzzle... the woman I'm in love with has told me that theres a 9 letter adjective that, if spoken to her, she'll marry that man. The hints she's given me are that it starts with "Es" and has an "I" somewhere in the word. She used the word in passing once, saying "Thats fucking ---------". "What am I to you?" and "It's similiar to the sound a crystal wine glass makes." I've been searching in dictionaries, online crossword helpers, and anywhere else I can think of but I still can't find anything. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me.
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

greg

23rd May 2009, 19:15
Can "essential" be eliminated from the possibilities? Is "Es" "Es" or "s"? What would a crystal whine glass sound like?
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

bill

23rd May 2009, 19:57
Yes, I'm certian Essential can me eliminated. We played hangman for a few moments before I decided to stop, lest the magic of the word in question be lost. As far as the crystal wine glass part, I had jokingly said "What, is the word 'Oooooooo'?", immitating the sound it makes when the rim is rubbed, to which she replied "It sounds like that, yes."
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

jimb

23rd May 2009, 20:47
Bill

Welcome, we are a sick and ailing Forum, or could be if we succumb to the constant sniping from the "other place." However, there are a few "stout fellows" (mental rather than physical) who carry on regardless, thank goodness.

Now, your particular post could be considered, by the infiltrators, to be non-competent business for a "Crossword" forum, but, I feel that I speak for all the "genuine" contributures, in saying, "get it on." (modern "street speak" which is creeping into my, normally, unadulterated Queen's English approach.

Now, let's see, a 9 letter adjective that, if spoken to her, she'll marry that man. The hints she's given are that it starts with "Es" and has an "I" somewhere in the word. She used the word in passing once, saying "Thats fucking ---------". "What am I to you?" and "It's similiar to the sound a crystal wine glass makes."

Mmmmm... strange one this, did she really say "fucking" or is that a figment of the imagination of an infiltrator determined to introduce a red herring or is it a new and interesting challange?? Time, no doubt, will tell?

JimB

4 of 21  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd May 2009, 20:54
Does she have a fucking sister, dude?
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

jimb

23rd May 2009, 21:01

Calm down Trevor, this could be a challange, or a challenge, even.

P.S. Has she got two sisters?. (or a brother, even)
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

bill

25th May 2009, 06:01
Yes, indeed, she said "fucking"... and she actually has two, older brothers but no sisters that I'm aware of. I've spoken to her some more about the puzzle at hand and she's corrected me in that the first two letters are not "Es" as originally thought, but "Ex". At this point, I'm wondering if Exquisite is the word in question, though when playing hangman for the word, there was only one I that she'd written in. Granted, she had originally written S for the second letter (we had both drank a bit too much wine). I'd like to thank everyone who's taken an intrest in my little quandry so far, and thank everyone else in advance to those who have yet to.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

robert

25th May 2009, 07:43
If she was EXCLUSIVE she would have your undivided affection, AND THE OOO SOUND. EXCEPTING all others, sisters or brothers EXCITING it may seem EXECUTING your quest. Good luck
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

geordie kermit

25th May 2009, 10:38
Hi there,

Had a think about this.....and I think it could be an adjective meaning holy, spiritual, on a higher plane... The OOooooooo of the wine glass suggests some heavenly choir maybe ?!

something like excelsis-otory though that aint a word.

exalt is "to praise or regard highly" is there an associated adjective ?!
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

kenneth (nom de plume!)

25th May 2009, 11:32
Perhaps "ESTIMABLE" - opposite/sarcastic form of "contemptible"!
10 of 21  -   Report This Post