CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

noitwont

22nd May 2009, 21:20
Some of us spent hours trying to work out what the clues were leading to and then the answers were given on here so easily
Where is the satisfaction in that
For me it was the satisfaction of seeing so many wrong answers given and accepted without question
Shows its better to research them yourself
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd May 2009, 21:59
Ha-Ha noitwont (noitwont what btw)?
"Some of us spent hours trying to work out what the clues were leading to and then the answers were given on here so easily
Where is the satisfaction in that
For me it was the satisfaction of seeing so many wrong answers given and accepted without question
Shows its better to research them yourself"...

...best bit of self contradiction I've come across in a long time, well done.
At first I thought you must be really thick.

trevor

ps.(I really must stop rising to the bait, It only adds to the bad blood that stops people like Campanilla, JimB, etc contributing).

12 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimb

22nd May 2009, 22:20
trevor

Love your humility in choosing lower case for your initial letter and also your tenacity in continuing to contribute in the light of the wind-up merchants who strut about clothed in their self importance and smugness exhibiting very little understanding of the nature of what used to be, and maybe will be again one day, a good place to visit. Furthermore I would add..., oops! there I go again, hope Campy's not listening!!

Cheers

JimB
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd May 2009, 23:24
:-) Thanks JimB. you cheered me up.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

missx

23rd May 2009, 00:04
I have been trying/doing cryptic crosswords for a couple of years now,I love the wordplay and the working out - it's all part of the fun. Sometimes I know I have the right answer but I need someone else to explain it by seeing what I have missed. I've used a different name tonight in case I come to this site again - somehow I don't think I will!
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd May 2009, 01:52
V strange post missx. you don't need to test drive your name.

Please come back (maybe you might actually have a question, or just another thought you would like to share),honestly, any name will do.

You can use a different name everytime you post here if you like - at least one person seems to do that.

Most people would still be more than happy to help you.

If I could ask you one question tho. what led you to say that "somehow I don't think I will" re. visiting this site again?

Once again missx please feel free to ask anything, cryptic, quiz, whatever, I'm sure you will get a nice polite reply.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post