CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

neil

25th February 2011, 22:14
the swearing here is disgusting, i have grandchildren who use this site.
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

terry

25th February 2011, 22:23
Neil,
If you think it's so bad why not do the responsible thing. Keep them off here.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

sallyw

25th February 2011, 23:04
Do you not think that if people keep emailing Ash he might just be tempted to shut the site down, thus losing what is mostly a helpful and valuable reference site? If you want a site that your grandchildren can use without worrying try http://www.wordfun.ca which is very useful and contains not threads whatsoever.
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

willy

26th February 2011, 07:40
Are we not missing the point ? I am sure that the few people who are responsible for making the majority of dreadful comments wouldn't do so if they had to do it face to face.

The Answer Bank forum has no such problems, and still manages to be helpful.

We can't people just calm down !
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

calliewag

26th February 2011, 08:14
Willy, Answerbank Quizzes and Puzzles section is certainly OK, but it's easy to navigate on to one of the topics that gets hijacked by trolls, particularly at weekends. That said, it is well moderated so questionable posts don't stay long and swear words are usually edited out. I just think there's no place on a site called Crossword Clue Solver for some of the filth that's been getting through.
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

puzzled

26th February 2011, 13:17
I think the problem is that you don't have to use a valid e-mail address - I've just put 'a'. Most sites, once you register with your e-mail address and choose a user name - that's it, you can't change. On here you can change your user name at will, you don't need a valid e-mail address so it's open to abuse. Get Ash to make the site so that you register, with a user name, valid e-mail address and you will find that the abuse stops. By the way, I e-mail Ash months ago, didn't even get a reply.
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th February 2011, 13:45
I go along with Sallyw. I'm very grateful to Ash for this site and have had great fun and help from it. I just ignore the idiotic posts and threads.

Ash could well 'pull' the site and we'd be the poorer for losing it. PLEASE leave Ash alone.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

26th February 2011, 14:40
I agreed with Sallyw and Jolan - I think this is a very helpful site and if the puerile nocturnal gibberish is totally ignored and not replied to it will stop.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

sallyw

26th February 2011, 15:18
Apparently Ash designed this site when he was a student and has now moved on th better things. He has a web-based business and designs websites etc. He may well decide if he keeps getting complaints that it's not worth the hassle and shut it down completely. There are a small minority of people who abuse the site at the moment, but I'm sure that they will move on if they get no response from other forum users. I for one have decided not to respond in any way to them, and really wish that everyone would treat them with the contmpt that they deserve.
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

wendy

26th February 2011, 15:32
I agree that we should ignore "them" but is there more than one of "them"? I'm not too sure. The rude posts in "the view from the bridge" Topic on 24th look for all the world as though they were written by Trevor... but were they?

I don't know anyone on this Forum whatsoever, but it seems to me that there are a great many well-educated people who post and that Trevor is not only well-educated but sharp enough to solve the hardest clues.

I too expressed concern that Ash may "pull the plug" if we complain but then again - he's got lots of advertisers so perhaps he can't anyway.

So, the question is - how many twerps are posting and what's happened to Trevor?

Or is he one of them too?

Lord knows, because I surely don't!

10 of 19  -   Report This Post