CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

19th May 2009, 17:02
Thanks Campanilla, as you can tell, I was clutching at straws.
At least I won't have to eat my computer
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

campanilla

19th May 2009, 17:08
Couldn't let that happen - 90% of the forum at the moment would have gone down the tubes!!!!
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th May 2009, 17:18
ha-ha, thank you.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

19th May 2009, 17:21
Hi Campanilla,

What a wonderful answer! Out of curiosity [but don't give your secrets away otherwise I'll have JimB threatening me], how did you come up with that?

A suitably-impressed Caravaggio.
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

suesan

19th May 2009, 19:07
Many thanks everyone for all your help
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

campanilla

19th May 2009, 20:25
Hi Caravaggio,

No secret really, I just read an article a few weeks ago about heart transplants and the advances made since the first one and the name Louis stuck, so I google'd Christian Barnard and there they were. I thought it must have something to do with real people as opposed to a song. Don't worry about my poor old JimB, I think he's given up the ghost and drowned himself in a barrel of cheap Chardonnay wearing nothing but his Juliet Cap (he'll understand if he reads this). To be honest I only visit the site very occasionally now. When it all started to get so intense and stopped being lighthearted and fun with all the rules and regulations as to whether or not you could answer quizzes, and people being labelled lazy or stupid for asking questions, I decided that it's really not for me. I can't take life (and crosswords) so seriously, and I don't need to justify myself or what I write to anyone. That's not to say that if I look at the site sometimes and can answer something that I won't, just not as often.

Anyway, best of luck with all the crosswords.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

19th May 2009, 22:43
Hi Campanilla,

That was a fulsome response and thank you for taking the trouble to explain how you arrived at the answer.

I totally agree with your sentiments and I read your 'dialogue' with JimB with great amusement so your reference to the 'Juliet cap' wasn't lost on me.

As I believe that you're an hour ahead of us in the UK, I suspect bedtime approaches for you.

Sweet Dreams,

Caravaggio
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

jimb

20th May 2009, 10:30
Campo, old girl,

Nice to see you haven’t gone into total retirement as you have been conspicuous by you absence.

Like you say to Carravagio, (Hi Carra!) Don't worry about poor old JimB, I’ve certainly not given up the ghost and drowned myself in a barrel of cheap Chardonnay wearing nothing but my Juliet Cap. Would that I could be so lucky as to be able to afford a whole barrel of cheap chardonnay in these credit crunch days. And, as for my Juliet Cap, I have un-ravelled it and knitted myself a woolly warmer (that’s WOOLLY warmer) for the hard days ahead.

Incidentally, and quite bizarrely, I too only visit the site very occasionally now, and, for precisely the same reasons. There were a number of references to “the other place” where it was so intense and not light-hearted and fun in any way with all the rules and regulations and people being labelled lazy or stupid for asking questions, etc., I never visited that foreign land but it seems to me the virus from there has spread to here.

However, ever the optimist, I too will continue to keep a watching brief in my occasional visits and, who knows, maybe, just maybe, there will be the occasional string that will enable us to rekindle some of the highly enjoyable banter from earlier days.

Amen

JimB (in semi-retirement)
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

20th May 2009, 16:45
Hi Jim!
19 of 19  -   Report This Post