CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

23rd February 2011, 16:05
Hi Ash,

Apologies for the intrusion. After my last e-mail, we realise that you "tweaked" the site a little and are grateful for your interest. The gang have now said:

Please ask Ash if he would reinstate the functionality of the Crossword Clue Solver forum to how it was a week ago so that we Posters may continue to put clickable hyperlinks at least, but ideally, all other basic HTML functionality in our posts.

While I'm here ....
I wonder whether there's some way of one of us (preferably not me!) being given access to the Forum part of your website so that we can remove irritating posts such as the 12 different new threads talking drivel, an example of which were posted on 22 February between 21.17 and 22.11hrs.

Fortunately there's nothing rude in them at the moment, they're just from a poor lonely soul who's got nothing better to do.

Alternatively, it could be that you know of a bright young student who would be happy to undertake this small task thereby learning a little about the web and of course freeing up the site for its original intention.
As a last resort, I wonder whether it's possible to get your server to bar that person's IP address...?

I am continually amazed at how we get so many new Posters on the Forum - I only wish I could remember how I found it a few weeks ago!
It provides a lot of us with a great amount of enjoyment - the kind of enjoyment derived from sharing ideas with like-minded people.

Kind regards

Wendy
p.s. If you find it easier/quicker to discuss this by telephone, I'd be happy to ring you.
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

wendy

23rd February 2011, 16:08
Well there's nothing like speed!!

Here's Ash's reply:

Hi Wendy

Thanks for the email.

We ll put the clickable hyperlinks back into the forum, that s no problem.

We have someone in place to moderate the forum in future and we are planning to install Report This Post functionality.

Regards

Ash Young
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd February 2011, 16:15
excellent stuff Wendy.good letter,good result.
i think you are now the official spokesperson like it or not.
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd February 2011, 16:20
What a result Wendy, well done to you.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrisg

23rd February 2011, 16:22
Well done Wendy
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

helena

23rd February 2011, 16:24
Well done Wendy,
I only hope that the moderator understands our sense of humour, otherwise the site could become an almost blank page.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

jimc

23rd February 2011, 16:35
Well done and Thanks Wendy.

Thanks to Ash Young too for responding so quickly!

The joke would be on us if the Moderator turns out to be whoever is behind ty/jtq/etc posts .... !!

JimC
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

robtherich

23rd February 2011, 16:36
Wendy: good letter and great result; well done!
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

coline

23rd February 2011, 16:37
Thanks, Wendy. That seems just what the site needs. Best Wishes.
Colin
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd February 2011, 17:07
Well Done Wendy,

Just think I can say that I knew you when you were a mere mortal.

The girl did good.

p@ x :)
10 of 28  -   Report This Post