CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mandala

19th February 2011, 20:51
Following the complaints sent to Ash a couple of weeks ago, there has been a significant drop in the amount of abusive posts. It also looks as though the ability to embed HTML tags has gone. If I'm wrong about that then the following might be bold and italic.

It's a much tidier site now, although it would be good to see the most recent posts first in a thread rather than the oldest.
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

mandala

19th February 2011, 20:52
Well it looks as though I'm right about the embedded HTML tags as the above appeared as plain text. Ah, no more smileys then.
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

19th February 2011, 20:57
Mandala,
You're right about the Tagging,which I think is a shame. But Jo/Sue et al is still with us and is her usual cheery self.
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th February 2011, 21:45
"Following the complaints sent to Ash a couple of weeks ago...
...It's a much tidier site now, although it would be good to see the most recent posts first in a thread rather than the oldest.

4 of 16  -   Report This Post

chald

20th February 2011, 00:40
I am completely lost as to what HTML means, havent a clue; but this Ash person has not responded to several requests to tighten up this site by establishing a method of barring numpties. This can be an enjoyable/instructive site and hopefully that shall can continue, but we are getting no help that I am aware of from Ash Young.
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

20th February 2011, 00:55
Chald,
HTML is a techno thing. It was what allowed us to type things in bold,italics,underlined,colour,post pictures and give links that could be accessed with one click. All gone now. As far as I can tell nothing else has changed. People can still morph into anyone they want to be, and frequently do. Swearie posts also continue. One step forward two steps back,eh.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

chald

20th February 2011, 01:08
I think I understand that, Terry. Was very intrigued and impressed by what Les40 was achieving, for instance, as regards that, and albeit I am an old throwback, I do like to see progress, especially with a bit of humour. So, hopefully this site shall go forth and prosper.
I havent noticed a post from Wendy recently? I do hope she is fine!
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

20th February 2011, 01:18
Chald,
We should concentrate on the things that we can change for the better. We can't do anything about morphing or foul mouthed nutters ,only Ash can.
What would help is if people did not give answers unless the clue and number of letters was provided. There is always some clown who answers even when the previous poster has asked for the clue. You watch tomorrow,Sunday, the number of asks with no clue will be ridiculous. I don't bother on sundays til later. It just drives me mad.
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

20th February 2011, 03:07
Hiya Chald,

I am naffed off that he has taken off the direct link facility, especially when I'd just cracked it. But don't worry cus I am working on a new grid now. And I have upped the difficulty level of the clues.
I can still put it in my Dropbox Public Folder, and let you know it's there.
Only thing is, you will have to copy and paste the extended web address, and then print off a copy like I used to do.
It should be ready this week coming.

I am also gonna have a try at exporting it onto Big Dave's web site so that you can access it there.
Lets hope I can crack how to do that too.

Les40
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

big dave

20th February 2011, 08:55
Very easy Les- just email it to me and I'll do the rest!
10 of 16  -   Report This Post