CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw

13th February 2011, 15:14
4dn SmallMediterranean ships in fog, one caught by sailor (8) mist???? also 9dn Supreme leader is producer of Christmas shows with no little energy (11) ?a?????a???
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

film fan

13th February 2011, 15:17
4 down is MISTICOS,whilst 9 down is PANTOCRATOR,ie. Panto creator nimus the 'e' for energy.
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

sallyw

13th February 2011, 15:43
Thank you film fan. I got the panto bit, but was stuck for the rest. I have now completed it - hopefully correctly, an event which doesn't happen very often!
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

13th February 2011, 17:33
SALLYW
You didn't complete it though. Filmfan did.
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

13th February 2011, 18:05
Sorry, Filmfan also got half of his solutions from this site as well. I trust neither of you will be submitting your "completed" Mephisto, because that would be cheating, wouldn't it?
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

josher

14th February 2011, 21:18
WetBlanket, where in the rules does it say that getting help is cheating? Is using a dictionary also cheating?
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

14th February 2011, 23:36
I'm sorry, you are correct - my life is pathetic... I am nowgoing to kill myself - you won't hear from me again.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

jomac

14th February 2011, 23:45
Cheer up Wetblanket. You have a good point if a prize crossword is concerned. For these I think it is legitimate to use a dictionary and other reference sources. But some people on this forum are so good that you can get instant answers to any clue – and I don’t think it is right to enter for prize crosswords after getting such help.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

wet blanket

15th February 2011, 00:24
You're too late .... I've taken 60 Haliborange
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

15th February 2011, 01:23
The last two posts under my name were not submitted by me. This one is (obv). By spoonfeeding "solvers" attempting more challenging puzzles like AZED & Mephisto, you are killing them with kindness and ensuring that they will not make the progress they need to make in order to solve the whole thing on their own. There are no rules, but the "using a dictionary is cheating as well" argument is arrant sophistry, especially in cases where setters tell you which dictionary is the primary reference. Where is the honour & satisfaction in allowing others to do your solving for you?
10 of 14  -   Report This Post