CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

joanmm

13th February 2011, 14:01
1. Concerned with healing in book and nothing less,I am caught on the hop (8)
--l-----
11 A. Electoral malpractice upset a desire to install new head of state (10) -at-------.
Sorry I haven't got much in the way of letters so far, but these long clues always flummox me. Thanks for any help.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

tony

13th February 2011, 14:11
1a Balsamic

11a Eatanswill
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

joanmm

13th February 2011, 14:14
Thanks a million. I MIGHT have got 'balsamic' but 'eatanswill' is such a weird word, I might never have got there.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

13th February 2011, 18:01
JoanneMM

Why not buy a Chambers Dictionary?
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

joanmm

13th February 2011, 18:48
I have the latest edition of Chambers and the the latest edition of the Oxford Dictionary of English - and I spend many happy hours dipping into these, coming across new words and so on. Some crosswords are tougher than others - the word that's the solution may be a normal word, but it's not always easy to get to that point!
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

14th February 2011, 11:59
Whatever next, a puzzle setter using "weird" words and "flummoxing" people? There ought to be a law against it.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

me

14th February 2011, 12:05
Wetblanket - can't you go and play somewhere else, like on the motorway!?
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

17th February 2011, 03:15
Pointing out the moral corruption of a cheating mentality is much more fun and less dangerous to my person. You all know deep down that I am right.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

sallyw

17th February 2011, 08:40
@wetblanket - are you carrying that much guilt that you have to try and lay it off on strangers who have done you no harm and do not wish to be a party to your moral dilemma? "LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE" ( John 8:7)
9 of 9  -   Report This Post