CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

10th February 2011, 19:07
These are dark times for crossword fans. Evil forces are at work to undermine our simple pleasure. But last night I had a vision. The Joker appeared before me and told me that only the RT Club could lead us out of the cesspit we are currently swirling around in and lead us to a golden future. But first they need a plan.

They should start by renaming themselves The Holy Church of RT
Crosswordsolverists (HCRTC). Modelling themselves on the Hari Krishna movement they should dress in flowing robes and dance and skip along the road while endlessly chanting their mantra:

”additional clue good, answer bad,”.

They should do this for as long as it takes to brainwash or bludgeon the great unwashed into accepting it as a self evident truth.

These great marches should be organised to take in individual members’ houses so that adequate rest periods and time for crossword contemplation are provided. During these stopovers each house will be officially designated a “Sacred Temple of HCRTC“.

From time to time it will be necessary for the “Golden Synod”, as the luminaries of the inner circle will be known, to deliberate and cogitate on matters of great import. For instance, they and they alone will have the authority to decree whether the answer is “sealing” or “ceiling”. When they make their decisions public they may or may not answer questions from lesser mortals. But once they utter the sacred words “Nuff Said”, no more questions are allowed.

In times of national crossword emergency, such as an ambiguous clue , an inner circle of the inner circle may, if they wish, travel to Parnassus to take advice from Turast, the High Priest of The Living God Araucaria, at the Cruciverbalist’s Pantheon.

Finally. When the endless mantra chanting has achieved it’s purpose their true goal will be revealed. The total abolition of “answers”. In future crosswords will be published showing the grid filled in. What the solverist must do is duplicate whatever the clues would have been in the past.

1 of 13  -   Report This Post

m

10th February 2011, 19:17
..... and for those of us who only speak English !
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th February 2011, 21:06
Philips opening to the last RT thread,http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/117406/rt-7"target=_blank> Here ,does come across a bit like a sermon - could we now all open our RT mags at page 666 please - and remember Philip,if you don't like what you read here then don't read it(could you uninvent the bomb while you're at it?)

Nimrods turn of phrase only adds to the feeling of a quasi-religious cult.I love it.

seems to me that Zorro was nudged towards the thread by Philip who wanted just the one RT thread(his one)and then he was treated shabbily.
i happen to agree with zorro that bad behaviour is far more offensive than bad language.i'll try to refrain from both in future.
you knows i love you all,
trevor.
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

nimrod

10th February 2011, 22:04
Very good Terry.
Tried very hard not to smile when reading of your vision......... but failed! Nice one.
It will be a sad day when we can't laugh at ourselves!
Any way, just off to the HCRTC to chant a few mantras.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

terry

10th February 2011, 22:19
Nimrod,

I'm glad you read it with a smile rather than a scowl. It's supposed to be a joke, with maybe a little bit of a message in there somewhere.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

the joker

11th February 2011, 03:00
An excellent article Terry,although I refute my appearing to you in your vision.I think perhaps it was some other form of spirit at work
How can I go about becoming an acolyte of your new illuminati.
I have never been attracted to wearing an apron but quite fancy myself in your order's regalia.
Please send me full details in a plain sealed envelope.
TJ
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

turast

11th February 2011, 04:07
Oi, Terry! I always thought you was a bit of a cult! Don't you go encouragin' them RT plebs to come tambourine-bashin' up our way. Up 'ere on Parnassus, we don't want any old hoi polloi interruptin' our abstruse discussions of the most difficult crosswords or our esoteric sacrificial rituals at the altar of Elzzupyeknom. Comin' over here, takin' all our anagrams, bringin' down the tone of our extra letter clues. Get back to Jumbotwoland where they belong. I mean really, anybody who thinks the Radio Times is 'ard, don't know wot 'ard is. I 'ad that Ximenes in the back of the cab once.
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

terry

11th February 2011, 14:59
No doubt about it Turast, you're a star. That was brilliant. Mind you it might be possible to have some sort of tradesman's entrance or below stairs arrangement.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th February 2011, 15:45
Could I be so bold as to offer my services as Tricoteuse, I could knock out some very fine vestments. Maybe a gentle tone of puce? in a lightish weight yarn as spring approaches, it can get warm using all those grey cells, especially if mountaineering is involved also.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

life after sopooks

11th February 2011, 17:13
Your post reminds me of these fellows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t30c_APXinU
10 of 13  -   Report This Post