CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

teenieleek

10th February 2011, 13:25
A late query on this one. I've finished it but don't understand 28ac; grabs = ass, are there letters missing or extra here? Also in 20dn does the id bit mean idem, but that isn't really restored is it? Not that important but clarification would be appreciated.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

10th February 2011, 13:40
20d "DI" are the letters to be added to an anagram of ones
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

the judge

10th February 2011, 13:40
PLEASE, PLEASE read the guidance on the NEW THREAD page. For all I know it might be 'grab ass' from the scanty information given.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

10th February 2011, 14:13
Thanks Sudokulover, I had the di OK but in the other clues with additional letters they are added to a word in the clue and I can't see where these go.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

10th February 2011, 14:17
The Judge, sorry about that but the special instructions on this puzzle are a bit complicated. The clue is 'without delay grabs poet' and the answer is sassoon (I think). Maybe the middle does mean grab ass! There can be up to 3 letters to add or take away from the clue.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

ixion

10th February 2011, 15:32
teenieleek

28A - the word "ass" to be inserted
20D - add the word "id" to give anag of id + ones...edison
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

10th February 2011, 15:44
Thanks Ixion, didn't realise the additional letters could be separate words. All clear now.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Genius 92