CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

suesan

12th May 2009, 17:45
Hi

Stuck on these last few - all are dishes found on menus - no number of letters known just number of words in the answer
18 chefs confused over e.g. eight tablespoons, of it (2 words)
44 put cooked kidney shape seeds upon the spinning stoat (4 words)
59 Goind fast, he loses a letter, but male ends it ok (1 word)
68 By the sea, it seems he is twisting round in the pram (1 word)
70 The corporal seeks the winding wat to the dining table (2 words)

Many thanks for any suggestions clues or answers
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimc

12th May 2009, 17:57
Hi Suesan.

I may be wrong but I think some of these may have come up on this website before so it might be worth you haveing a look back.

In the meantime, no. 44 could be BAKED BEANS ON TOAST. (baked/cooked, beans/seeds, toast=anag of stoat).

Best Wishes.
JimC
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

suesan

12th May 2009, 18:20
Hi JimC

Thanks for the pointer I will go and have a look through the older posts

Also thanks for baked beans on toast - I had the toast but but couldnt see the beans
Thanks
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

trevor

13th May 2009, 18:23
Hi Suesan
I'd be interested to know if you have found answers, or solved any of these.
I've seen one or two of them posted before but I don't think they were answered.
I just can't get a handle on any of them
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

suesan

13th May 2009, 22:42
Hi Trevor

sorry I found the thread you mentioned but only a couple answered that I already had and none of these

Still more head scrating for me then
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

the alchemist

13th May 2009, 23:02
Hi Suesan.
Have you got the number of letters for each clue or are you just given the number of words? It's quite difficult otherwise.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

trevor

13th May 2009, 23:13
Hi The Alchemist,
Only the number of words are given.
They are very hard I think
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimc

14th May 2009, 01:06
An earlier post by Sallyann (http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/10685/food-quiz) says that the answers are "all related to food and drinks etc.". Is this correct, or are the answers restricted to just "dishes found on menus"?

On the basis that drinks are also possible answers, then perhaps 68 is CHAMPERS (C=sea, HAMPERS=anag of he's and pram) being an abbreviation for champagne. It's not a very good answer, I appreciate, but there it is anyway!

Could Suesan please give us the exact guidelines (if any) about answers that come with the quiz and also let us know if any other answers have been drinks?

BW.
JimC
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

14th May 2009, 13:38
I would like a copy of this quiz is there a site I can download from. I am going away for the month of June and having finished Rainbow. Folkstone Billericy and last night The Dragonfly quiz. I am now quizless. not a g state of affairs. Help!!
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

suesan

14th May 2009, 19:53
Hi folks

On the menu - exact wording
All the answers are names of dishes to be found on menus - home menus, posh restaurant menus, cafe menus or .....!!!
They maybe starters, main course, desserts, breakfast, teas etc
Clues are a mix of factual, anagrams, cryptic

Think the ones I have left are all the very odd cryptic

thanks for any help

PS the are no clues to the number of letters just the number of words
10 of 20  -   Report This Post