CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 7

philip

8th February 2011, 13:28
Hello everyone
Before we start, just a reminder that this weekly thread does not look for answers. For anyone who has not visited us before its a self help thread where we try to help those either new to cryptics, or struggling on a clue, or perhaps both by giving additional clues. No obscenities please. If you dont like what you read, remember you dont have to read it, but there are plenty of us who enjoy it.

So to this weeks puzzle. As usual, a bit of a mixed bag. I enjoyed 16a. Understood 1d once I had done it! and felt the clue for 19a could have been constructed better.
PHILIP
1 of 53  -   Report This Post

robert 551069

8th February 2011, 13:54
I am still stuck (and would appreciate your help) on the following:-
8 across "Theatrical area for Dracula?" ???A???O?
3 down (2 words) "Entertainer copying crafty magician's art ???S?E?R ?C?O?A? (acrobat)
5 down "Line pressed right into end" ???A?N
Regards, Robert
2 of 53  -   Report This Post

karen

8th February 2011, 13:59
Hello all.
Hi PHLIP, agree with you about 19a,I liked 8a,10a 15d and 13d, took a while to get 4d. Worked out 1d and 9d after 'fitting in' the words.
Best to all
3 of 53  -   Report This Post

karen

8th February 2011, 14:05
Hi Robert,3d Anagram of magicians low art.
Will try to think of alternative clues for the others, but I've got to pop out.Maybe others will have helped you by then.cheers!
4 of 53  -   Report This Post

karen

8th February 2011, 15:13
Hi I'm back, Robert re 5d ends 'e' not 'n' another word for to end with r (for right).
8a Wher Dracula may leave his outer garment at the theatre.
I think your 12a may be wrong. Or mine is!
5 of 53  -   Report This Post

zorro

8th February 2011, 15:34
3d. ALISTAIR McGOWAN
8a. CLOAKROOM
6 of 53  -   Report This Post

zorro

8th February 2011, 15:46
5d. CREASE
7 of 53  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th February 2011, 17:25
Zorro should read Philip`s earlier posting
8 of 53  -   Report This Post

philip

9th February 2011, 13:46
Bringing this back to the top as Rob the Rich has started another thread
PHILIP
9 of 53  -   Report This Post

mondrian

9th February 2011, 15:29
Anyone on this thread who is bothered by bad language should read the thread started by `Wendy` and consider supporting her.

Old gal hope you are still reading this thread even if you are not posting, also hope you are well and coping with everything.
Also Wee Jock. Are you ok? I did wonder if the last post by `??????` was yourself as what I took to be your favourite word `nuff` was used!!

Not finished No 7 yet.
10 of 53  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 7