CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dizoz

7th February 2011, 02:40
just downloaded 92. MM!! 3 letter trick, methinks. any help?
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th February 2011, 04:06
I've got answers for all the clues(haven't worked out the change to 5a)but nowhere near enough letters to fill 16D despite several rechecks - be interested to see others findings re this
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

bejabers

7th February 2011, 04:30
But you wouldn't weant to be caught cheating now, would you?
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

dizoz

7th February 2011, 07:53
having a go - got 75% ok, on review - not so tough.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

js

7th February 2011, 13:23
This is very weird. I've got all the answers (pretty sure they are all correct) and if I'm right then 16d can only be one thing - (3,3,2) - but if I've interpreted the instructions correctly then I can't get the letters to make the phrase.
I've removed letters for 6 answers and added letters for 5. But there are letters in the phrase that are not in the list of the letters I've added and there are letters in my 'removed' list that are not in my 'added' list so they can't be 'offset!'
Just to check:
Does "Offsetting letters removed against ones added gives a surplus of eight added letters" mean "for each removed letter" delete it from the "added letter list"?
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

andyk

7th February 2011, 13:59
I also have a (3,3,2) phrase, but removed letters from only 4 clues and added to 7, and it all works out fine. 16 letters are added to clues, and 8 of these are removed, the other 8 giving the letters to 16 down.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

js

7th February 2011, 14:15
Thanks AndyK
Seems I've misinterpreted the instructions somehow - I'm pretty sure I've got the answers and the phrase correct - they all fit nicely with the definitions - will go back and check again!
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

js

7th February 2011, 15:25
All sorted now - very clever crossword!
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th February 2011, 18:19
Thanks JS and AndyK for confirming it is do-able!

After yet another check I seem to have 8 letters removed from 4 clues but only 8 letters added to four clues.

I suspect 5A must require additional letters(and I'm not too proud to accept a hint in this regard)....but that still means there are two clues making perfect sense to me that require additional letters - all very annoying!...ah just spotted something ...found an oon!

ixion
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

peterm

7th February 2011, 18:35
Ixion - 5ac requires 2 more letters to be inserted in the word "seer", to make the first 2 words of the clue sound like the answer.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » genius 92