CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

6th February 2011, 21:37
Hi all.
It just shows how your mind can become averse to thinking differently once you have your teeth into an answer.
All afternoon, I've been lambasting the compiler for the clue to 2d) Devout prior is dismissing reverend (5).
To which I had P-O-S, and I put in Pious.
I thought he had made a mistake, as I took PRIOR IS and dismissed RR (Right Reverend), leaving me with PIOIS.
Then on reflection and becoming less stubborn about it, I realised it was much more straight forward than that.
Prior = Previous, dimiss REV leaving Pious = Devout.
Don't know about you guys, but I am so guilty of not thinking sideways once I have an idea about something.
My apologies to the Sat Times compiler.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

jo

6th February 2011, 21:46
SHUT UP FREEKO USE ENGLISH
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

caro

6th February 2011, 21:49
Thanks for this explanation. I had put in pious too without really knowing how the word play worked.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

les40

6th February 2011, 21:51
Whats FREEKO you non English speaking twerp.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

jo

6th February 2011, 21:53
i do speak englaisy you twerp is your thinking why say one word when you can say fifty moron?
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

nojo

6th February 2011, 22:07
Les Take absolutely no notice --not worth it
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

les40

6th February 2011, 22:08
Go and get another drink you aggressive lushed up weirdo,
Your obviously that person who never had any real friends at school.
The one who was happy to be conditioned by sycophantic acts of altruism to gain popularity, A mere playground Clown who still possesses the inner angst of adolescent turmoil that now manifests itself in a outward display of non-social passive aggression.
Do you still pull the legs off spiders and the wings off flies you nobody.
You are a face in the crowd that no-one recognises anymore.
Good night you buffoon!
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

terry

6th February 2011, 22:12
feel better now Les. have a lie down.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

les40

6th February 2011, 22:17
Feel great terry, and thanks to caro and nojo.
If that idiot doesn't come straight back with something useful, then he/she will have proved to us all how stupid they really are.Have a great night.
Les
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

terry

6th February 2011, 22:21
Les,
you are going to meet some odd people on here (some of them the same people,if you see what I mean). engaging with them is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. sometimes fun,but pointless.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post