CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT6

pipesmoker

1st February 2011, 13:54
No surprises this week, folks.
1 of 76  -   Report This Post

navigator

1st February 2011, 14:23
Hi everyone. I must apologise for having gone
AWOL for three weeks visiting relatives.
The rest from crosswords must have done me some good because I have never found any previous RT so easy as this one.
Having said that, I was in doubt about 3d.Is the answer that for closing off (sounding like the top of the room) or for the top of the room (sounding like closing off)? I have assumed the former.

2 of 76  -   Report This Post

philip

1st February 2011, 14:54
Navigator

Your first option is correct. Lke you I have been missing for a few weeks due to the serious illness of my mother in law, who at 90 is now recovering.
Charles Human. Re your post under RT5 - no I am not the Philip who won either the big one at Christmas or no 1. In fact since John From Arran and myself started this weekly thread in its current advisory form some 2 years ago, I have hardly ever sent it in, although I did actually send it in at Christmas!

This week,particularly liked 7a - quite clever and 1d
PHILIP
3 of 76  -   Report This Post

philip

1st February 2011, 15:04
Navigator
I have had another look at 3d, and now I am not so sure. It depends to which part of the clue you put the "sound". What do others think? its a bit like the News of the World Crosswords of the 50's
PHILIP
4 of 76  -   Report This Post

karen

1st February 2011, 15:41
Hello all,
re 3d Bit tricky when 2 answers fit! I've gone with the 'Closing off' part for the answer,though I'm sure others will diagree! This debate could run on and on.......
5 of 76  -   Report This Post

tomcat

1st February 2011, 21:09
Hi folks. RT6 arrived today. However, I'm going to set it aside until the weekend while I'm otherwise engaged with a study course. See you later. TC.
6 of 76  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

2nd February 2011, 08:18
Good morning all,

I finished this puzzle last night but I've delayed posting a response because I wanted to sleep on 3d! And I'm still not sure... Philip has mentioned that he's unclear which way the word 'sound' is pointing and Karen has correctly predicted that this could run and run.

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
7 of 76  -   Report This Post

mondrian

2nd February 2011, 12:21
Welcome back Navigator and Philip. Hope your mother in law is making progress. As I have only been a regular on this site for a year, I hadn`t realised that you, Philip, and John from Arran had originated it.

Meantime I seem to be stuck on the countdown thing - 17 Down
8 of 76  -   Report This Post

doug

2nd February 2011, 12:23
Here we go again. What a bunch of wankers.
9 of 76  -   Report This Post

karen

2nd February 2011, 12:42
Hi Mondrian,re 17d It's an anagram of curse and la ('to grip' the French).Hope that helps!
10 of 76  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT6