CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

30th January 2011, 00:40
Trevor,

Tonyw has asked "What is the protocol as far as insults go?". I was going to knock something up culminating in when it is OK to issue death threats. But I have had a little run in with him. He called me a pervert after I made a slightly risque remark and I was forced to tell him that his knowledge of the french language was piss poor. So I am forced to conclude that I am not the best person to tell him the correct way to crank up the unpleasantness. Would you care to draft the appropriate protocol?
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

30th January 2011, 00:58
The two exchanges I referred to are:
1. Pooksahib's DM query. Last posting 28/1 at 2227.
2. Les40's crossword website. Last posting 27/1 at 2303.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

the joker

30th January 2011, 01:06
Terry
I am of course totally surprised that anyone would take offence at any remarks made by you,of all people,on this forum.
I have looked through the prior postings and I presume that your use of the word rubber somehow or other offended TonyW.
Quite why this should be I cannot understand,as I used the word rubber regularly as a schoolboy,and then later in life as a bridge player.
Does it have another meaning of which I am unaware?
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th January 2011, 01:11
I have noticed of late, a certain change in the type of humour and a rather pointed and rude exchange from some.

Do not care for it at all, and can see no reason for it.
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

30th January 2011, 01:16
The Joker,
I'm not sure (because I have lived a sheltered life)but I believe that some people can see filth and depravity in anything. No matter how innocently a comment was intended. I have learnt the hard way (no pun intended) over the years to avoid words like dutch,cap, rhythm,french,letter etc. If my suggestion about the best way to proceed is unacceptable, I will of course,withdraw,it.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

the joker

30th January 2011, 01:25
As St.Paul said - To the pure all things are pure.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

30th January 2011, 01:37
Mamya,
I am truly sorry that our childish humour offends you so. I really am. You are among the last I would wish to offend. But you are not here so much these days and perhaps we have grown a little less tolerant of some of the whackos without your restraining influence.

7 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th January 2011, 01:45
Offended me?? Never, I have a sharp sense of humour and irony, though I think I may have fallen foul in this thread and serves me right!! I always recall my old pal Johnny when I hear the word rubber, it's a schooldays memory you see.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

30th January 2011, 01:54
I too remember those halycon days - behind the bike sheds.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th January 2011, 02:00
I now have a tear in my eye, just at the remembering, sniff!
10 of 17  -   Report This Post