CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrissie p

9th May 2009, 16:20
clue;early colonists hit the old kookaburra 8,5
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th May 2009, 16:26
I've seen the answer given as Settlers Clock
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrissie p

9th May 2009, 16:40
Thank you; I'll give it a try.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th May 2009, 17:02
Sorry to confuse things but the answer "bushman’s clock" seems to be ok too.
I think I'd go with settler's though because of colonists mentioned in the clue.
best of luck
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrissie p

9th May 2009, 17:23
Thanks anyway. Been doing these quizzes for months and never knew about this very helpful site.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

9th May 2009, 18:13
Hi Chrissie,

If you search back through the previous threads you'll find several with "Put Your House In Order" or "Rainbow Quiz" in the title. Unfortunately there's also quite a lot of relevant ones with just "Cryptic" which doesn't help the search.

Have fun.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

9th May 2009, 19:33
I think Bushman's clock is right. Because:
"early colonists" of Australia were the Aboriginees (who came from the s.pacific islands). "Settlers" came much later,i.e. the white man. Also "bushman's clock" is a local name for the Kookaburra.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrissie p

9th May 2009, 19:51
Thank you all for your help. I've been struggling with these charity quizzes for a couple of years and never got a full house, but now know where to come for help. But I'll not cheat and try and answer as many clues as I can using " brain power " and my trusty dictionary. I used to be a member of Mensa but now have lots of " senior moments " Oh well " C'est la vie "
8 of 8  -   Report This Post