CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

24th January 2011, 20:28
Hiya Big Dave,
I have contacted your e-mail facility.
Les40
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

big dave

24th January 2011, 20:55
Les

I replied at 19:56. Will re-send.

Dave
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

les40

24th January 2011, 21:15
Cheers Big Dave,
Just been on my e-mail and you have sent it twice.
Thanks for that.
I have printed it off, First time I've seen it,
If you didn't know it, you would think it was a Quick clue crossword, the clues are so concise.
I will have a good go at it and report on the threads when I get stuck, so you can throw me a few pointers.
I will send you a message via e-mail in response to your message.
Thanks again Dave.

PS. Which newspaper does it come from in Scotland?
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

big dave

24th January 2011, 21:20
Les

Some of the clues (but not many) are non-cryptic and it comes from the Glasgow Herald.

Myops is a retired Classics teacher.

D
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

les40

25th January 2011, 09:49
Dave

Ah! I see, I thought it was strange, when some of the clues were just one or two words. No problem, I'll still have a go, it will keep me on my toes, not knowing if they are straight or cryptic.
Be patient with my reply via e-mail. The reason being that I can read my messages but when I try to reply, it keeps exitting my e-mail page as I press send. Must be a glitch somewhere.
So Myops is a retired classics teacher, that could cause me a few problems, because I am not very well read in literature, as you may have noticed when some of the members quote passages from books, I don't have much to say about them.
In that department, some things become a little too high-brow for me. I like to stick to language and a mind full of useless and sometimes useful information.
I will get that e-mail to you ASAP.
Les
5 of 5  -   Report This Post