CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

turast

22nd January 2011, 04:07
A belter today. Some of the wordplays are brilliant. I would echo other posters on the RT thread in asking for fellow solvers not to be too quick to post answers. NOT because I am being a crossword snob, but because the "Penny Drop Moments" are multiple, very amusing, and extremely satisfying when the light does eventually dawn.
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

turast

22nd January 2011, 06:58
I break wind into my own hat then greedily drink in the bittersweet stench like a fine wine!
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

podge

22nd January 2011, 07:51
Whatever turns you on Turast! (anagram of Stuart?)
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd January 2011, 07:53
i'd gladly take a fertive dump into your hat and then watch you put it on whilst i pissed into your trouser pocket and stole your fob watch.(James Joyce)
only joking. hope you're well.
It might have been better to NOT mention the crossword if you don't want peeps to discuss it,and then you wouldn't of insulted all the RT freaks with your bitchy backhand 'crossword snob's remark (they are freaks tho).
all the best,trevor.
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

22nd January 2011, 09:00
Surprised at you, Trevor! 20 lines, please "I must not be FURTIVE"

When I saw your spelling I had to consult Chambers, though
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

sammy

22nd January 2011, 13:07
Why shouldn't people post answers if solvers ask for them? That's what people do on this forum.
Anyone who doesn't want to know the answers needn't read them.
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

terry

22nd January 2011, 13:16
Have to agree with sammy. Not everybody thinks their crossword is some sort of magical experience to be savoured,discussed and analysed to the nth degree. They just want a bloody answer. If that's what they want there is no reason they should not get it.
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

the judge

22nd January 2011, 13:23
Oh, Sammy and Terry. Brilliant!!!! I've wanted to say that for weeks but was worried about offending the RT geeks. THANK YOU!
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

alex

22nd January 2011, 13:23
......... and sometimes you get to the stage in a crossword where you lose the will to live - any answer (as long as it fits) will do!
9 of 40  -   Report This Post

terry

22nd January 2011, 13:34
The Judge,

What really makes me laugh is when it reaches something like....... A further hint: 3 letters, D?G. mans best friend,got four legs and goes woof. Does that help. You couldn't make it up.
10 of 40  -   Report This Post